AFL Player #34: Luamon Lual - Injured? - 16/3

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a look at that. Was surprised how melty it was. Then I was surprised again that I was surprised given the club.
I'm surprised about your surprise

RFK interview they pronounce it Lamon, like Le Mans, or an NBA player perhaps. I think around here he’ll get LL though.
He shall be called Baby Lamon(t)

Really stood out to me in the WA game

But it was something he did very late in the game that i liked and not many wouldve noticed as it didnt register a disposal

Game sense, he basically willed the ball over the boundary with 3 WA players around him being up by 2 points late in the game. I called it a try over the line at the time, it wasnt as if it was obvious to be a free, it was done in a stealth like manner with clear intentions

Speed
Reads the ball as well as most
Athleitc obviously
Footy Smarts

He was also tougher than what i thought he may be and defensivily better

These were comments i made on him after watching him earlier this year vs WA

Edit: and leadership acc to rookie me, which i wouldnt have thought

The area he will have to improve on will be what he does with the footy. There was not doubt in some games he played fast footy only to have no options and turn it over. This lead to him actually going back into his shell a bit and then not taking the options he should have or just dishing off to the first bloke who called for it. No doubt he has the speed to make things happen.

The area he will have to improve on will be what he does with the footy. There was not doubt in some games he played fast footy only to have no options and turn it over. This lead to him actually going back into his shell a bit and then not taking the options he should have or just dishing off to the first bloke who called for it. No doubt he has the speed to make things happen.
The 58% kicking efficiency suggests he needs to do some work

The 58% kicking efficiency suggests he needs to do some work
Do not get too sucked in by that number as such. What I mentioned about him playing fast footy to the point of limiting his options dropped his kicking efficiency a lot. The make or break will be how he can adapt to go and take the game on with balancing the need for tempo footy and choosing the right option. It will be his match craft that will decide how far he can go. His actually kicking as such is not horrible.:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do not mind this as a choice.

Right style of player for the list as we need run at half back.

At #39 the player is going to have deficiencies. For small defenders it's all about athletic attributes as those can't be taught and are required to keep up with guns small forwards. We've also had a lot of success developing defenders (see Saad, Redman, Ridley, Laverde).

It's ok he has Hind to mentor him...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back