AFL Player #36: Jayden Davey - Named to play in the VFL - 16/3

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder when this becomes official?

I'm guessing if we think Mitch or other train-ons are worth a spot, Jayden goes LTI. If not, then he'll stay on the list and might play VFL later in the season.

Injury report states that he's out for the season
Injury report says that Jayden Davey was out for the year but I thought that it was well known he was pushing to be playing VFL at some point?

Clearly the current administration hasn't learnt ***t about fan engagement from the last one.

It also says that Jayden Davey was out for the year but I thought that it was well known he was pushing to be playing VFL at some point?

Clearly the current administration hasn't learnt ***t about fan engagement from the last one.
He's on the inactive list so technically he's out of AFL selection for the year (unless they find a way to put him back on the main list, I think there's a mechanism to do so but I don't think it's been put in the public domain). Perhaps they'll keep him on the inactive list and use the mid-season draft pick, unless someone else does an injury then they might swap them over..?

An ACL injury does usually have them playing again after 12 months, and I think he did his in around June last year. Being the second one on the same leg they'll be conservative but I'd expect him to be doing something at some level before the end of the year.

He's on the inactive list so technically he's out of AFL selection for the year (unless they find a way to put him back on the main list, I think there's a mechanism to do so but I don't think it's been put in the public domain). Perhaps they'll keep him on the inactive list and use the mid-season draft pick, unless someone else does an injury then they might swap them over..?

An ACL injury does usually have them playing again after 12 months, and I think he did his in around June last year. Being the second one on the same leg they'll be conservative but I'd expect him to be doing something at some level before the end of the year.
Jayden did his in Feb or March last year

Any updates on how the knee is tracking or does the club media team just think members and fans aren’t important
Nothing to say as he has been parked for the season. They have released the odd twitter piece with him doing stuff but basically he is just running. Not contact work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine being the twin not given the name of your parent.

Poor (or lucky) guy.
it hasn't been a problem for my twins, "Jmoo Jnr" and "Jmoo the disappointing campaigner who comes 2nd at everything"

Had his first competitive run in years and got through unscathed
Not quite, was a bit sore coming off at 3QT. Did some test runs and they decided just to rest him. He definitely needs a lot of match practise and need confidence in his knee for change of direction which he struggled with today.

Not quite, was a bit sore coming off at 3QT. Did some test runs and they decided just to rest him. He definitely needs a lot of match practise and need confidence in his knee for change of direction which he struggled with today.
It’ll take him a while to get the confidence back. Hopefully after 8-10 games he really feels comfortable that his knee is fine

By unscathed, I mean that quite literally, just ran around for a while and didn’t massively re injure himself, that’s a win

Remove this Banner Ad

Back