Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with the Complaints Line; I even started a Thread on complaining that’s into its second incarnation

Natural World What GIF by BBC Earth

So there’s a complaint line - what’s to stop fans making false accusations against the premier players in the comp.
Nothing

Only difference is in this case that has been made public previously it would probably raise more eyebrows than if you raised one on a random player that has never had any bad attention
Eg) you can embellish more on certain players and be taken more seriously by those reviewing the complaints due to stigma

TT will now forever be an easy target whether right or wrong

There is a saying, "One day we shall all understand", or something similar.

So I googled it and ended up with this. I liked it anyway.

Nothing to do with this thread of course but hey, why do we all waste our time prognosticating about something which we really don't what happened one way or another? It will sort itself out in the fullness of time. Or not.

Not making any comment about subsequent events, but no conviction and a $1,000 donation to a charity is a proverbial wet lettuce leaf. Totally understandable she feels let down, tbh.
I’m sorry but it was the court who saw all the evidence and the messages. Who are you to say their punishment was inadequate based on what they saw between the two?

Last edited:
The estranged ex-partner of Tarryn Thomas has called for the troubled North Melbourne midfielder to be sacked as he faces fresh domestic violence allegations.

The footballer was set to front AFL House on Thursday over the claims but the interview was pushed back to early next week due to delays with legal representation.
“After serving the North Melbourne Football Club a notice to interview late Wednesday, the AFLIU sought to speak to Thomas (on Thursday) however Thomas’ legal representatives were not available,” a spokesman said.
“Thomas will be interviewed by the AFLIU as soon as possible early next week.”
Jamai Curran briefly dated Thomas in 2022.

Jamai Curran briefly dated Thomas in 2022.
Thomas escaped conviction after he threatened to share an explicit video of Ms Curran.

Thomas escaped conviction after he threatened to share an explicit video of Ms Curran.
North Melbourne was notified of the claims on Wednesday, and were reportedly unaware of the allegations until the midfielder was given notice to appear.
It’s understood the probe was sparked by claims lodged by a woman through the AFL’s online complaints portal.
It comes as Thomas’ ex-partner Jamai Curran told the Herald Sun that she was not surprised about the new domestic violence allegations, calling for him to be booted from the Roos.
“We need to stop making excuses for abusers because of their job, age and childhood,” she said.
Jamai Curran says it’s time to stop making excuses for abusers. Picture: Instagram

Jamai Curran says it’s time to stop making excuses for abusers. Picture: Instagram
“Generally, a lot of abusers don’t think their actions are wrong.
“They convince themselves that their victims somehow deserve it.”
The 29-year-old dated the footballer for several months before he threatened to share an explicit video of her in 2022.
Thomas was charged but escaped conviction, instead ordered to pay $1000 to charity.
Ms Curran said Thomas never faced harsh consequences for his behaviour.
“I think he believes the way he treats women is justified because of his status and power,” she said.
“I think he believes he’s entitled to treat women however he wants.
“North Melbourne and the justice system not punishing him just reinforces it is OK because he never faces consequences.”
Kangaroos president Sonja Hood told members the club took ‘any allegation of threats and violence against women extremely seriously’. Picture: Tony Gough

Kangaroos president Sonja Hood told members the club took ‘any allegation of threats and violence against women extremely seriously’. Picture: Tony Gough
Ms Curran said the AFL were “letting women down” by prioritising players and their reputations.
“I think the AFL are letting women down and at this point, need to be held responsible,” she said.
“The AFL and clubs talk so much about domestic violence and taking it seriously but when push comes to shove they don’t do anything about it because it’s more important to protect players and reputations.
“It will be interesting to see how this plays out and if AFL finally matches its actions with its words.”
The new claims are among a string of other domestic violence allegations.
Last year, another woman told the Herald Sun that Thomas allegedly “turned really evil” and threatened to physically assault her when they were casually seeing each other.
“He said he wanted to beat me, he became abusive and manipulative,” she said.

What's going on here?

It’s understood the probe was sparked by claims lodged by a woman through the AFL’s online complaints portal.
It comes as Thomas’ ex-partner Jamai Curran told the Herald Sun that she was not surprised about the new domestic violence allegations, calling for him to be booted from the Roos.

Is it her making the allegation?

Not making any comment about subsequent events, but no conviction and a $1,000 donation to a charity is a proverbial wet lettuce leaf. Totally understandable she feels let down, tbh.
A threat to distribute explicit videos/images. He didnt distribute videos/images. What punishment would you like to see? For a young offender?

Last edited:
What's going on here?

Why go to the AFL? This is the component that doesn’t make sense? Victims should be going to the police, not one’s employer.

Last edited:
Why go to the AFL? This is the component that doesn’t make sense? Victims should be going to the police, not one’s employer.
100 percent, the alleged victims of the hawthorn racism issues also should have taken their claims to the police. not making a judgement here but it gives a bad impression when sad issues are not taken to the appropriate jurisdiction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably because it isn’t bad enough for the police to be involved.
Sending texts isn’t physical violence
no but threatening to sent sensitive texts could be construed as blackmail which is absolutely an offense. In Victoria, blackmail is a crime that carries a maximum penalty of 15 years imprisonment.

If he's screwed up, then he should be gone, no excuses. I expected him to go last year FWIW.

But gee, if she has overcooked her story, and he has nothing to answer for while dragging his name through the mud again, she's just sent the #metoo movement backwards, and probably deserves to be slapped

Knock it off.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So far Tarryn has been penalised (by law) the sum of $1000 for all his dv crimes. Half of us have paid more in traffic fines. Seems like all these allegations don't stick, but mud sure as hell does. Going off social media, you would believe he repeatedly beats women.

Tarryn Thomas, on the count of being an idiot and an ar$ehole, we find you guilty!

Last edited:
What's going on here?

Nah, she's going to bag him for the rest of her life, like lots of exes do.

There's never actually been an allegation of Tarryn directly using violence against women - nobody has ever said he hit them.

I understand that abuse comes in a whole range of fashions - but nor has he ever been accused of controlling behaviour etc.

There's never actually been an allegation of Tarryn directly using violence against women - nobody has ever said he hit them.

I understand that abuse comes in a whole range of fashions - but nor has he ever been accused of controlling behaviour etc.
if im not mistaken, there was an accusation of throwing something? Also, threats are controlling behaviour, control through fear.

What’s your read or insight into the current situation? Going straight to an employer imo seems to be weaponising the allegations, I’m expecting them to be on the less serious side if anything?

Threatening and abusive texts are not ok.
Throwing a lamp against a wall is not ok.

A news broadcast that says "Tarryn Thomas is facing more Domestic Violence accusations..." paints a much uglier picture though.

The whole thing is pretty revolting.

Threatening and abusive texts are not ok.
Throwing a lamp against a wall is not ok.

A news broadcast that says "Tarryn Thomas is facing more Domestic Violence accusations..." paints a much uglier picture though.

The whole thing is pretty revolting.
Then the Victim needs to go to the police.

Then the Victim needs to go to the police.
My point is that news outlets are using phrases that suggest physical attacks, when none of the accusations say this.

In no way am I condoning any sort of abusive or coercive behaviour, I just think it's pretty s**t to be deliberately ambiguous to make a story more sensational.

I'm not saying that this is what happened, but making a false report to the employer doesn't carry the same risk as making a false report to police and with the AFL media the way it is, its far more likely to result in sympathetic media attention and traffic to social media pages..

Purely speculation. If after investigation, it is proven that Tarryn has, indeed, been as big a scumbag as he is reported, I will expect the club to be done with him and I will be too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back