Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His media ordained worth is now around 2-3 top 3 picks.

Once on our list his eligibility for the 2019 rising star will normalise back out to around $250.

I dunno, the media already know about him and rate him, same with LDU.

This means we could become a GLAMOUR YOUNG SIDE ... bouncing Joeys etc etc.

People are saying top 3 at this point, but having seen a bit of him play I reckon he'll probably go closer to 7-12 kind of range. His upside is one of the highest in this year's draft, but given his height and still being very lightly built I reckon he'll struggle to show all of his skills against bigger bodied inside mids. I'm expecting glimpses of brilliance and also some inconsistency from Tarryn, which should allow us to take a Rankine/Lukocious/Walsh/King/Hill before matching the bid. Fingers crossed at least.

When this kid stops dropping his body when tackling and going to ground he might be a top 10 pick. Every highlight reel I see of him outlines the same bad habit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More dropping then. Drop your currency young man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the unimaginable happens and we win ten games in 2018, some prick of a club calls out TT's name at say pick 7, with live trading could we then trade our first pick e.g. for club 'x''s first in 2019 and grab TT with our second using the 25% discount?

Am sure live trading is happening in 2018- if I'm wrong, yeah play through :D

So the unimaginable happens and we win ten games in 2018, some prick of a club calls out TT's name at say pick 7, with live trading could we then trade our first pick e.g. for club 'x''s first in 2019 and grab TT with our second using the 25% discount?

It's a good question, but theres still a trade period yes?

If so we would surely know Thomas approx range in relation to our first pick and trade accordingly.

Won't matter anyway. He's just not a top 5 pick imo and that's where we will be selecting from.

Great question and you can be sure it’s something the AFL hasn’t thought about.

I've watched TT for quite a few years now, I personally don't think he's "Top 10" at the moment. But he certainly has the potential to make that by years end... his upside is very good. I've seen games where he just looks like he's cruising.... and that can look a little "lazy", but when he's not cruising, look out, he's a game changer.

With him potentially playing games in our VFL team, we will have a much better look/idea of where he will go. Where he's played in those games will be telling. I watched TT play in last years TSL GF for North Launceston, with a mate who was actually TT's coach for a couple of seasons before, his insights were interesting and poignant. Most of the conversation I'll keep private, but he emphasised that TT is a kid, and a quite kid, one that family, football and friends are where he's most comfortable.... he'll be a gem and great for us!

Ummm, didn't we put s**t on other teams for gloating about players they tanked for who were going to be so great and turned out s**t?

Ummm, didn't we put s**t on other teams for gloating about players they tanked for who were going to be so great and turned out s**t?
We aren't tanking for him.

It would be an absolute miracle for us to break the bottom 3 with where the list is at this year.

Therefore we only use our first pick on him if someone rates him top 2 at best.

It's not gloating, it's just facts.

We are going to finish bottom 3 and use that pick on a top 3 player, and then still have our second pick there for TT.

It would be an absolute miracle for us to break the bottom 3 with where the list is at this year.

We are going to finish bottom 3 and use that pick on a top 3 player, and then still have our second pick there for TT.

Unless we do something stupid and win too many games.

There’s a lot of crap teams around and we aren’t that bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back