AFL Player #27: Mason Redman šŸ•

Remove this Banner Ad

Mason Redman, Essendon, has been charged with Striking Dion Prestia, Richmond, during the second quarter of the Round 10 match between Richmond and Essendon played at the MCG on Saturday, May 21, 2022.

In summary, the player can accept a one-match suspension with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct, Low Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.
Match Review: Bomber cops ban for striking

How was Nank not sighted for his knee on Laverde. He has form in that area

Nank uses the Mumford method; "whoops I'm big and clumsy and didn't mean to drop the knee in to this player" despite doing it on a regular basis and not looking clumsy in the slightest when he doesn't want to.

The AFL just turns a blind eye to it for some reason. If it was Toby Greene doing it he'd be suspended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgetting that:

1. If you play Essendon during the normal time it gets reduced a week
2. If you're an Essendon player it gets increased a week

Would love to see him rotate into the middle for occasional bursts over the second half of the season just to see if there's anything to work with. Has power and mongrel that most of our midfield don't, and would be good to get an extra good ball-user around the pill.

It's taken him a bit longer than I thought, 12 to 18 months, and the journey has not been without some significant lows, but since the game that ended his horrid early season form, he's been playing the half back/small defender role as well as anyone in the AFL.

The only player I think rivals the balance of attack and defence among the smaller running defenders is Saad. Saad has Redman covered for shutting down smalls and for speed but Redman for overhead marking and kicking.

I wouldn't change Redman for anyone else in the league that plays his role.

Between Redman, Ridley (when we finally get to play him as the seventh defender) and McGrath we could have a defence containing 3 players without better for their positions in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back