Player Watch #27: Will Walker - debut Rd 19, injured his knee Rd 22

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Abillity aside, apparently fantastic for morale in the dressing room and a willingness to help out around the club.

Real Shinboner material on our hands, whatever he is on field.
Still callin' it. He'll be a 200+ gamer for this club. He's going to be a big part of the clubs future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jasemon

Premium Gold
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looking for positives in light of the disappointment we're feeling today on missing out on Gaff and realised I didn't need to look very far. Time to bump Will. This kid is going to be a star, and what's more he will bleed blue and white for the club. Courage, loyalty and skill for many years. There will be no complaints from Will. A good kid who will be part of our future where we never give players like Gaff a second thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SMaturin

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atalanta BC
He has the look of the young recruit who gets scoffed at by the vets when he rocks up to the front. "Won't last a week".

Next minute is awarded a VC for "storming an enemy machine gun post and eliminating its defenders with the use of an entrenching tool."

shintemaster

Premium Gold
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He has the look of the young recruit who gets scoffed at by the vets when he rocks up to the front. "Won't last a week".

Next minute is awarded a VC for "storming an enemy machine gun post and eliminating its defenders with the use of an entrenching tool."
Speaking of. My grandads grandfather did that against a German machine gun nest - without the entrenching tool part (and it was the Military Medal back then). Can't even imagine how insanely desperate and terrifying that would be. He had some insane level courage, from memory had a fellow soldier injured as well on another occasion who told him to leave him as he was done for. He told him they were both going or both staying and dragged him out. Crazy times.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Moderator #746
Am very excited about Walker.

I reckon The Footy Gods intervened to stop his knee blowing fully out, they like the way he goes about it.
This all true but please tell me you haven't been talking him up on the main board yet?

shintemaster

Premium Gold
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This all true but please tell me you haven't been talking him up on the main board yet?
If we don't get people dressing up in Game of Thrones themed outfits as the White Walkers when this kid hits it big we are simply not trying as a club.

Heaps of fun

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Speaking of. My grandads grandfather did that against a German machine gun nest - without the entrenching tool part (and it was the Military Medal back then). Can't even imagine how insanely desperate and terrifying that would be. He had some insane level courage, from memory had a fellow soldier injured as well on another occasion who told him to leave him as he was done for. He told him they were both going or both staying and dragged him out. Crazy times.
We've all had weekends like that though.

Top Bottom