Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine if we make no changes to staff in this area at years end
It needs to be a proper review and not just a review of operations.
Particularly match day. We’ve sent injured players back out on the ground and we’ve been lucky it hasn’t resulted in serious injuries and only minor layoffs.
The handling of Cunnington and Ziebell has been disgraceful.

Our players need to listen to medical advice because things like Ziebell playing round 1 and Turner opting for no surgery were only the beginning of some colossal * ups in 2020.

It needs to be a proper review and not just a review of operations.
Particularly match day. We’ve sent injured players back out on the ground and we’ve been lucky it hasn’t resulted in serious injuries and only minor layoffs.
The handling of Cunnington and Ziebell has been disgraceful.

Our players need to listen to medical advice because things like Ziebell playing round 1 and Turner opting for no surgery were only the beginning of some colossal fu** ups in 2020.
Completely agree. Even last week allowing Curtis Taylor to go back on the field was extremely concerning. Once we could see that he'd avoided serious injury the medical staff should have accepted that there was no need risk anything further and ruled him out for the rest of the game. A knee injury isn't something you can properly assess on the ground. Yeah they're experts but they have a terrible recent record when it comes to making the right decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll need to get lucky.

Geelong have had an average of 52 points kicked against them since the matches were shortened.

Expect another dour eyesore of a football match.
The way they play should at least keep us in the game, then hopefully we might have more in the tank in second half

I'm over the moon to see Will FINALLY back! I'm not going to set expectations too high when he's just coming off such an extensive period of recovery, poor kid, but wow - the unassuming young player we saw come out two years ago, kick a few goals, consistently show vision and endeavour beyond his years to get himself to the right spots all over the field, and then fearlessly put his body on the line in what - was it just his second game? I can't remember, it's been so long since it happened. He was my fave new player back then, before it was all suddenly ended. Been waiting what feels like eons for this day.

Go well tonight, young Will, and be sound at the end of it. If you kick us a goal or two in between, all the better. But your future is begun, finally! The waiting is over.

Also, if you and Jasper both wore the long sleeves tonight, that would be the best. :blueheart::blueheart:

lost his feet quite a few times, I'd expect that to phase out with improved fitness, liked the efforts he put in and some intelligent touches and passes. He's definitely in our best 22 when fit.

Did a couple of nice things, but he's not match fit or match hardened. Trailed his opponents for most of the night. Rest him for the Melb game then bring him in again.

Ok return game from Will. Looked buggered at stages.

11 disposals, 5 contested, 2 clearances, 3 tackles, 82% DE, 94% TOG,

Cramping with 5+ minutes to go, and still kept competing afterwards.

Ripping game considering the circumstances. Saw more than enough from a kid 1 game back from a 2 year injury with bugger all 2nd tier preparation under his belt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back