Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like he is a long way down the pecking order considering he hasn’t been named in either of the trial matches
the journey back starts today at Geelong; myself, I've never been convinced, but good judges on here have faith, so let's hope they're right. Any haircut like the current do has to be worth backing in

I'm worried about him, if Merlin007's posts are anything to go by he's not accomplishing diddly squat at VFL level the past few weeks and his fitness sounds like its way off the mark.

Needs to really get back into the best 22 this year or he'll be cut. He's already on a knife's edge with being re-contracted as a rookie. Hopefully it is just a fitness issue and not his body already being so cooked from injuries because I'd like to see that flowing mullet out on the park this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm worried about him, if Merlin007's posts are anything to go by he's not accomplishing diddly squat at VFL level the past few weeks and his fitness sounds like its way off the mark.

Needs to really get back into the best 22 this year or he'll be cut. He's already on a knife's edge with being re-contracted as a rookie. Hopefully it is just a fitness issue and not his body already being so cooked from injuries because I'd like to see that flowing mullet out on the park this year.
I’ve been told that his knee is still an issue and probably always will be. Fingers crossed but he’s up against it at this point 😢

WW a player that so many of us would like to see up and about in the AFL team ASAP. He has that ‘something’ that potentially provides us with a ray of hope in these dark times yet he was pretty much the only player on the list not mentioned as a potential in this week. No word on him in our VFL loss.

Was there anyone at the VFL game on the week that can provide a report on WW?

WW a player that so many of us would like to see up and about in the AFL team ASAP. He has that ‘something’ that potentially provides us with a ray of hope in these dark times yet he was pretty much the only player on the list not mentioned as a potential in this week. No word on him in our VFL loss.

Was there anyone at the VFL game on the week that can provide a report on WW?
Yes I can - Will Walker was quiet all day, at various times looked slow, failed to stick tackles. He's been played in the centre square at times to encourage his contested ball work.

In short, not worthy of promotion

Yes I can - Will Walker was quiet all day, at various times looked slow, failed to stick tackles. He's been played in the centre square at times to encourage his contested ball work.

In short, not worthy of promotion
Thanks for the feedback Merlin007.
Disappointing and he needs to start showing something quickly or he’ll be just another ‘what if?’.

See I don't understand this.

He genuinely looked impressive early on and thought we'd done very well.

Is it simply injuries that have stopped him, not good enough, poorly managed or what?

I'm *en over talented young players that show plenty and then fade away.

See I don't understand this.

He genuinely looked impressive early on and thought we'd done very well.

Is it simply injuries that have stopped him, not good enough, poorly managed or what?

I'm *en over talented young players that show plenty and then fade away.

Jesse Smith, Kieran Harper, Patch Adams, Tom Curran, Sam Wright, Ben Jacobs,,,,,,prob missing a few, but gee lets hope things turn out better for WW, Perez, and Comben not to mention TG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back