Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who watched the VFL today now knows.

It's pretty much over for him. Absolute tragedy, looked like he could be anything when he was playing pre-injury.

Looks really unfit, limps when he runs, lost a lot of power in his kicks, can barely break a stride and just looks very low energy.

It's pretty much over for him. Absolute tragedy, looked like he could be anything when he was playing pre-injury.

Looks really unfit, limps when he runs, lost a lot of power in his kicks, can barely break a stride and just looks very low energy.
just another player culled by injury sadly.

On top of all that, he still performed pretty serviceably and ran all day. Absolutely commendable for this kid, but he just doesn't have any zip right now.

On top of all that, he still performed pretty serviceably and ran all day. Absolutely commendable for this kid, but he just doesn't have any zip right now.

Had a better 2nd half for sure, and still possesses endurance. But just looks like a shadow of his former self, knee injuries + bad management don't bode well for coming back from that.

Seen a glimmer of hope in the 2nd half of the VFL game today, seemed to have a bit more energy and was ability to pick up a few possessions. I’m praying that with a bit of continuity (like 6-8 weeks worth) he’ll find that extra gear. It doesn’t look good though.

sad that another of our draft selections would appear to be a bust however iam in the mindset of being 12 holes into a horror game of golf where i can have a triple bogey and dont really care because this round is toast anyway and i are already looking forward to my next outing....

Why though? Idk I didn’t see any VFL games but we barely saw him play any footy to have high hopes

Don’t understand the hype imo, but again, I don’t see any VFL games :/
He looked pretty classy when he came in the last couple of rounds in 2018. The long injury absence might have inflated his potential a bit. Still, will be pretty frustrating if he doesn’t make it as he was a highish pick and definitely showed a lot of the right signs early.

... And yet, he seems to have managed to run out the game better than any other player on the park! Not bad for a player with a peg leg. I’ll go with the fact that he played out a full four quarters and was finishing better than he started. If he’s unfit, he most definitely will get better. I’d be more worried if he was incapable. It’s in Will’s hands now. He’s coming from a fair way back.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The original article. Over 2.5 years ago.

Still can’t run properly.

How did it go from minor and being available for pre-season in 2019 to being out until the second half of 2020 and talk of him being cooked?

Even so, I thought he looked good last year against Brisbane before he did his hammy. Hopefully, he can just string consistent games together over the next 6 weeks which will help both his fitness and his confidence that he is not going to get injured.

Was only able to watch the second half of the VFL match due streaming issues, but it was quite bizarre.

Had an electric 3rd quarter, including a 2-3 possession contribution to an end to end chain that ended in a goal for us, and ended with the second most disposals. But he also went down in a marking contest and then looked like he was jogging in thigh high mud for a couple of minutes, didn't come off, and was then running absolutely fine again just a little later.

Really don't know what to make of it all.

Was only able to watch the second half of the VFL match due streaming issues, but it was quite bizarre.

Had an electric 3rd quarter, including a 2-3 possession contribution to an end to end chain that ended in a goal for us, and ended with the second most disposals. But he also went down in a marking contest and then looked like he was jogging in thigh high mud for a couple of minutes, didn't come off, and was then running absolutely fine again just a little later.

Really don't know what to make of it all.
Maybe he's twins

How did it go from minor and being available for pre-season in 2019 to being out until the second half of 2020 and talk of him being cooked?

Even so, I thought he looked good last year against Brisbane before he did his hammy. Hopefully, he can just string consistent games together over the next 6 weeks which will help both his fitness and his confidence that he is not going to get injured.
That's the weird thing. He looked to be moving fine when he came back last year.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

He was good today. Skills were on, was hard at it, linked up well and kicked a good goal. He looks gassed inbetween his touches but still gets to the right spots. Has definitely lost a little bit of pace/agility, how that plays out at AFL level if he gets another chance, I’m not sure. Would happily have today’s performance in the 2s over turner, Mahoney, or Atley in the ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back