Player Watch #28: Bigoa Nyuon

Remove this Banner Ad

Its literally what we did with Robbie Tarrant in the same situation.
Don't disagree but Robbie had a brain on him. Chom seems to be 85% golden retriever. See player, get player. Comparatively little cognitive function, which isn't brilliant to have in your defenders.

If he ever overcomes his injury issues, I'd wager plenty on him settling up forward in the end. Priority at the moment is obviously just to keep him on the park

Don't disagree but Robbie had a brain on him. Chom seems to be 85% golden retriever. See player, get player. Comparatively little cognitive function, which isn't brilliant to have in your defenders.

If he ever overcomes his injury issues, I'd wager plenty on him settling up forward in the end. Priority at the moment is obviously just to keep him on the park

Hard disagree on both. He's not a dumb player, he just gets made to look stupid by our forward entries.

If you were on here during that time, you would know I said that at the time and constantly at the time.

Well, OK, more accurately you were wrong then and you're wrong now.

I was on here btw.

Hard disagree on both. He's not a dumb player, he just gets made to look stupid by our forward entries.
He doesn't get made to look stupid. He just attacks everything without thinking whether that's the appropriate move. Hence the five frees he gave away against Freo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bigoa Nyuon – No.28​

‘Biggie’ Nyuon has jumped nearly 20 numbers, from the No.47 he wore in his only game for Richmond to the No.28 vacated by Kayne Turner.

A respected clubman, Turner served up memorable finals performances as a pressure forward early in his career, and was an important voice in the backline over recent seasons.

Byron Pickett began his career in No.28 as a defender where he won the 1998 Rising Star award and played in the 1999 premiership. 'Choppy' then kicked 77 goals over his final two seasons as a Roo, before he moved on to Port Adelaide, played in another premiership and won the Norm Smith Medal.

Gary Farrant wore No.28 in the 1975 Grand Final – his final game – followed by former AFL chief executive officer Andrew Demetriou, who wore it from 1982 to 1987.

Bigoa Nyuon – No.28​

‘Biggie’ Nyuon has jumped nearly 20 numbers, from the No.47 he wore in his only game for Richmond to the No.28 vacated by Kayne Turner.

A respected clubman, Turner served up memorable finals performances as a pressure forward early in his career, and was an important voice in the backline over recent seasons.

Byron Pickett began his career in No.28 as a defender where he won the 1998 Rising Star award and played in the 1999 premiership. 'Choppy' then kicked 77 goals over his final two seasons as a Roo, before he moved on to Port Adelaide, played in another premiership and won the Norm Smith Medal.

Gary Farrant wore No.28 in the 1975 Grand Final – his final game – followed by former AFL chief executive officer Andrew Demetriou, who wore it from 1982 to 1987.

“Important voice” in the backline lol. I’ll look back on his contribution, and unexpected extra final year, with a mixture of fondness, confusion and frustration. Much like my own career and my 1993 participation award.

“Important voice” in the backline lol. I’ll look back on his contribution, and unexpected extra final year, with a mixture of fondness, confusion and frustration. Much like my own career and my 1993 participation award.

That's a bit unkind. How would you know? Were you out there?

Kayne may not have been a high possession winner, nor the most talented player to pull on the guernsey, but he put his body on the line every time he went out there, would have helped his teammates feel a bit better along the way, as well as spoken some words to encourage the younger boys around him.

Unfortunately it seems to me that too many of our recent ex-players are judged by the terrible last few years for the Club. Back in those exciting times when we were in and winning some finals, Kayne was a very solid contributor.

That's a bit unkind. How would you know? Were you out there?

Kayne may not have been a high possession winner, nor the most talented player to pull on the guernsey, but he put his body on the line every time he went out there, would have helped his teammates feel a bit better along the way, as well as spoken some words to encourage the younger boys around him.

Unfortunately it seems to me that too many of our recent ex-players are judged by the terrible last few years for the Club. Back in those exciting times when we were in and winning some finals, Kayne was a very solid contributor.
No one's a dud who play AFL, just some do it better than others

lol true ! Maj was one as well, just was kept on a leash for too long.
By you know who.
I remember at a pre season training season and they were doing match practice, Maj was his first trail in the backline. My god Tarrant gave it to him multiple times about where to be and what to do. I actually felt sorry for him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back