Player Watch #28 Josh Gibcus

Remove this Banner Ad

There was alot of people here melting we didnt take Hobbs

I was and am still extremely happy with our boy , He is most certainly top 5 talent in his draft

JHF / Daicos / Callaghan / Rachelle / Gibcus
Not me...I think Tiges dodged a bullet there...

Daicos and Bowey would also be ahead if him. Probably Jai Newcomb and Nic Martin too.

Dont get me wrong what he's doing is just as impressive as any of them but unless you're racking up disposals or kicking goals you've got next to no hope of winning the rising star these days. JHF got the nom this week for a nothing game.

Bowey may be ahead of him but is playing the easiest position on the team as the small defender in a dominant defense.

Daicos certainly isn't ahead of him. He is running off half back as the seventh defender and looks like an accumulator rather than the match winner he was touted to be.

Martin has had one good game and both him and Newcombe are what 21 already? They don't give the award to the mature age players

Daicos and Bowey would also be ahead if him. Probably Jai Newcomb and Nic Martin too.

Dont get me wrong what he's doing is just as impressive as any of them but unless you're racking up disposals or kicking goals you've got next to no hope of winning the rising star these days. JHF got the nom this week for a nothing game.

At $101 Gibcus is worth a dabble. He’s not on the ‘expert’ radar yet, but if his form holds up (or probably improves as he gets more confidence) and he gets a nomination, when his stats are analysed (intercepts, rebound 50’s, goals conceded, disposal efficiency etc…..) he will quickly come into single figure odds.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

At $101 Gibcus is worth a dabble. He’s not on the ‘expert’ radar yet, but if his form holds up (or probably improves as he gets more confidence) and he gets a nomination, when his stats are analysed (intercepts, rebound 50’s, goals conceded, disposal efficiency etc…..) he will quickly come into single figure odds.

When was the last time a Non Mid won the award ?

Either Andrew McGrath in 2017 or Jesse Hogan (2015.)

Actually, Jaidyn Stephenson (2018.)

It's pretty hard for a KPD to get a rising star nom, compared to the dozens of young mids forwards who will either have big 25 possession games or someone will kick 4 goals+ in any given week.

Gibcus won't win the award, really couldn't care if he gets a nom or not. He's going to be great either way.
Tahlia won the rising star

Bowey may be ahead of him but is playing the easiest position on the team as the small defender in a dominant defense.

Daicos certainly isn't ahead of him. He is running off half back as the seventh defender and looks like an accumulator rather than the match winner he was touted to be.

Martin has had one good game and both him and Newcombe are what 21 already? They don't give the award to the mature age players
As I said I'm not saying what he's doing is any less impressive, but in the votes those guys will all be ahead.

Martin has had 2 great games and a couple very good ones. He'll go close to winning it if he keeps it up. As for Newcombe - he's 20 and in his 2nd season. He'll get votes, as he should. Plenty of rising star winners have been in the 2nd or 3rd year.

Gibcus will be class and a great player for the RFC , But he is just a 18 year old kid without the strength to compete with the big KPF and same goes for Biggy , These 2 boys are still 2 years away from being able to handle the likes of McKay,Hawkins,Cameron,Walker etc

Miller is the player we need to play this year if a KPD is required
Come again.

Maybe for a cash out option but he won't win it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might have to start a fan club for this kid, 14.6kms run. 2nd most in the team to Jack Graham. Absolute beast. Club couldn’t have nailed the pick more than this bloke. Will be a Richmond great.

There was alot of people here melting we didnt take Hobbs

I was and am still extremely happy with our boy , He is most certainly top 5 talent in his draft

JHF / Daicos / Callaghan / Rachelle / Gibcus
I wanted Hobbs but only with our second pick.

Wanted Hobbs with our first pick, lucky for us im not a recruiter.
I wouldn’t have been unhappy with Hobbs at our first pick either.
glad I have no idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back