Preview Round 11 v Port Adelaide MCG Sunday May 28th 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miller and Young in makes no sense unless there’s a plan to play Balta forward this week.

I don’t mind this as we’ve been nothing short of inept at creating contests up forward …. GC interceptors (Ballard and Powell) killed us. Bomber interceptors (Ridley and Redman) killed us…..

With Port having no Dixon or Marshall they only have Finlayson and a young kid in Lord as key forwards …. so I’m not a fan at all of playing Balta anywhere but KPD but this week might be an exception given Lynch is out, Jack is struggling and Bauer/Bradtke aren’t ready.

Port are also short down back with Jonas out. And we need to make sure Aliir x 2 doesn’t screw us which he will if all we have up forward is Jack and Ryan.

So: Young on Finlayson and Grimes on Lord.

Jack, Balta up forward with Ryan/Miller sharing third tall role - one of Ryan or Miller will come out if it’s wet.

Nank ruck sharing with Ryan/Miller

Whatever we do, we cannot have a repeat of Jack one-out up forward … he’s not able to bring the ball to ground against 2-3 opponents any more.

If Aliir and Houston dominate with intercepts we cannot win … time to smash some bodies in our forward 50, whatever the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

cumbo has been added to the squad
I thought you were trolling

Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

It's pretty clear what we're trying to do.

Port have Finlayson and Lord as KPF so Balta and Young take them, which allows Grimes to become the 3rd tall, allowing Broad to shift into Vlastuins role.

Up forward we're going Ryan and Riewoldt with Miller an option as well. Port have Allir and McKenzie(undersized KPD) so we're looking at possibly stretching them defensively. We've also got a lot of mid sized players named as emergency which means we could sub a tall later to add more run if need be.

In the middle we've beefed up the on ball brigade with Pickett joining Taranto and Prestia in the middle to start which them means Bolton comes in with Short as the rotation midfielders which adds speed to the mix.

Slight tweaks from what we were doing under Dimma, but could have a big impact on how we go against a red hot Port

Basically the same set up we went with in the finals of 2019.
Nominated vs 2019 final (for all you dipshits that can't understand a the loose comparison, I am not saying that the players named are the same quality as the ones in 2019)

Named / 2019
Rucks:
Nank / Nank
Ryan / Soldo

Tall Forward
Jack / Jack
Miller / Lynch

Backs
Young / Astbury
Balta / We never had a direct replacement for the Rance role late in the year

Miller and Young in makes no sense unless there’s a plan to play Balta forward this week.

I don’t mind this as we’ve been nothing short of inept at creating contests up forward …. GC interceptors (Ballard and Powell) killed us. Bomber interceptors (Ridley and Redman) killed us…..

With Port having no Dixon or Marshall they only have Finlayson and a young kid in Lord as key forwards …. so I’m not a fan at all of playing Balta anywhere but KPD but this week might be an exception given Lynch is out, Jack is struggling and Bauer/Bradtke aren’t ready.

Port are also short down back with Jonas out. And we need to make sure Aliir x 2 doesn’t screw us which he will if all we have up forward is Jack and Ryan.

Jack, Balta up forward with Ryan/Miller sharing third tall role - one of Ryan or Miller will come out if it’s wet.

Whatever we do, we cannot have a repeat of Jack one-out up forward … he’s not able to bring the ball to ground against 2-3 opponents any more.

If Aliir and Houston dominate with intercepts we cannot win … time to smash some bodies in our forward 50, whatever the cost.

I like it, some here wont but I do.

we do this a bit. oppo is lacking in some area so we beef up in that area and hope to dominate there in this case in the air/talls
we do the same if a team is super tall we go small and hope to outrun them and ramp up the pressure

problem is this hasn't worked in our favour for years and it always just helps the oppo dominate in the opposite area aka their smalls will destroy us and we'll be slow as hell

also does the new coach advantage count if you didn't sack your previous one ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Samson gonna play mainly forward with Miller back up ruck and Pickett in the guts for Dow

That’s my prediction and I like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back