Preview Round 24 v Port Adelaide AO Sunday 27th August 12.30pm - Brown & Trezise Debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

looking at the team and realised that is the future right there, l reckon with a bit more tinkering we could be there quicker than we think.
We need some more star power but agree, there’s a lot of development there

Bolton still has another level in my view, needs to build consistent and play more midfield time but he could really be part of the competitions elite

Glad to see some new debutants given a go. Exciting stuff for them and for us fans as we move bravely into a new era.

Up the mighty Tigers!!!

we are gonna get smoked and the kids miss out on playing VFL finals. Not sure that's the right move there.

They get an AFL debut or more AFL experience against one of the top teams. They get to travel with the team. They get to play in front of a real crowd, in a hostile environment in one of the best AFL stadiums in Australia… they get an extra $5k

if this team beats Port. Mini keeps the job.
Winning this game would completely lock McQualter out of our coaching position for me.

It would just show that he either doesn’t know what good selection looks like or doesn’t have the guts to make the correct selections. Waiting until our season is officially over to make the right on-field changes would reflect badly on him.

If we get thrashed by Port Adelaide, then he at least has a bit of merit for not doing these changes earlier in the season. I could then at least say that there may have been some wisdom behind not playing a young side like this earlier. Even then, kinda annoying that he did this in our VFL side’s wildcard week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They get an AFL debut or more AFL experience against one of the top teams. They get to travel with the team. They get to play in front of a real crowd, in a hostile environment in one of the best AFL stadiums in Australia… they get an extra $5k

they will like the match payment and enjoy it well enough but honestly would feel slightly hollow getting picked just coz it's the last round and we're too s**t to make finals. should've picked one or the other 6 weeks back

Very important we lose this game providing the crows beat the eagles tonight, if you're not going to make finals it's better to finish 13th.

We finish 13th then the AFL has no choice but to hand us a bottom 6 fixture for 2024, worst case is a fixture the equivalent of finishing 7th.

But if we finsh 12th then the corrupt AFL could hand us a fixture in 2024 the equivalent of winning the flag.

AFL has zero credibility in regards to the rules.
They have zero credibility in regards to anything. Rules, tribunal, goal reviews, any investigation of any sort that they handle themselves, i.e, the recent Hawthorn farce or the Essendon drugs scandal, you name it. If their name is on it, then you can bet your life it's bent.

And the thing is, not only are they completely dishonest but they're totally incompetent with it as well. What a combination, lol. And who holds them to account? Well, that would be the AFL media who simply do as their told by the league.

I believe nothing that comes out of either the AFL media or the AFL themselves. Nothing.

They have zero credibility in regards to anything. Rules, tribunal, goal reviews, any investigation of any sort that they handle themselves, i.e, the recent Hawthorn farce or the Essendon drugs scandal, you name it. If their name is on it, then you can bet your life it's bent.

And the thing is, not only are they completely dishonest but they're totally incompetent with it as well. What a combination, lol. And who holds them to account? Well, that would be the AFL media who simply do as their told by the league.

I believe nothing that comes out of either the AFL media or the AFL themselves. Nothing.
IT is a farse, there are people there earning double my pay grade with zero idea on anything.

The 50 mtr penalty lottery fest is one example.
The sub rule is another where they originally made it as an injured player only. WHich is laughable cause it makes made no difference and took them 2 years to work it out. I knew the right way in the first week.

THe list goes on.....too tired to continue.

IT is a farse, there are people there earning double my pay grade with zero idea on anything.
That's the killer. They place C grade talent (okay, I'm in a generous mood) in A grade positions. And that applies for the unbelievably awful media too. Imagine how much someone like Hamish gets to inflict his special talent on the rest of us. And he's a ******* moron with absolutely no feel for either the game or the way it's currently perceived among the average supporters.These people are not just bad at their jobs: they're appalling.

Anyway, we press on...

That's the killer. They place C grade talent (okay, I'm in a generous mood) in A grade positions. And that applies for the unbelievably awful media too. Imagine how much someone like Hamish gets to inflict his special talent on the rest of us. And he's a ******* moron with absolutely no feel for either the game or the way it's currently perceived among the average supporters.These people are not just bad at their jobs: they're appalling.

Anyway, we press on...
100% agree...if i was as bad at my job i wouldnt have one, its mates giving jobs to mates, it's NOT the best person for the job.

The result of this game is meaningless to me. I'd love to see a win but really, my whole focus will be be on the kids and how they play.
I'd love to see Bauer kicks a few, Brown to pinpoint players from the half back, Banks to stream down the wing and find our forwards and Trezise to burst from the backline ball in hand.

Last week was all about the past, this week - the future.

Port won’t want to flirt with form and I think have too much for us.

We’ve been very poor of late, the North win disguised that. Norf we’re horrid. We weren’t great.

With that injection of youth, which should of come earlier, hopefully that gives us energy and can at least make a game of it.

Mini has coached terribly lately, as I said on the Gameday last week, confusion everywhere. Players coming on from the bench asking questions on where to go and never seen our backline so out of whack and questioning each other.

So can’t see a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back