Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

9 pressure acts from a player who’s only good trait is pressure.

Unbelievable that he has managed to maintain a spot on the list when he has NEVER avg’d more than 13 disposals per game across 9 seasons.

Yeah nice bloke who trains hard, but he isn’t AFL standard and hasn’t been for a looonnnnng time.

9 pressure acts from a player who’s only good trait is pressure.

Unbelievable that he has managed to maintain a spot on the list when he has NEVER avg’d more than 13 disposals per game across 9 seasons.

Yeah nice bloke who trains hard, but he isn’t AFL standard and hasn’t been for a looonnnnng time.
I'm boggled.

You can understand why he never does anything - why would he? He keeps getting games. Absolutely no incentive than to just turn up (without really turning up), collect easy money, and go home.

You get what you pay for. As long as we accept players this poor year after year, we are going nowhere.
Kicked a nice point in the 4th.

He's that player in your local footy club. He's shithouse, the boys know it, but they want him on the park 'cause hes a great clubman and the end of year trip to Bali goes off when he's about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had two of the worst inside 50s I've ever seen in my life with consecutive kicks in the space of about 16 seconds in the first quarter. What's the point in drafting Drury, Spicer and Harvey if we aren't going to even see if they can replace him?

Its odd eh. trying to comprehend it.. for all his faults i dont see kayne lose 1v1's, but i see his teamates lose plenty. In fact i see him halve contests he had few rights to halve, physically. Maybe the coaches like to have his example to give indirect critisism to the weak pricks in our team who get outmarked on the reg, get out hussled by smaller men, get humbled by more decisive oppo, dont body the ball or the opp sooo often..
That said, I cant wait untill Sheez or someone takes his spot. In fact i dont want to wait, just give it to them then take it off them if they dont cut it. You dont need an enlisted example to show someone theyre not meeting league standards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back