Past #28: Matt Riggio - drafted #28 in '05 ND - 10 games for North - delisted at end '09 season

Remove this Banner Ad

:confused:

Matt could never be accused of being soft.

He wasn't soft, just didn't go hard enough for long enough. He would get some quality disposals but would rack up far too much time not getting his hand on the pill or influencing contests.

Some call it lazy, but I don't think any footballer is soft or lazy, they just don't harden up and apply themselves to the extent they possibly could.

If you had Riggio with say Swallows work ethic then he would be a gun. He just lacks that mental toughness and willpower to push himself to be at that elite level.

You guys should just come to a compromise and agree that he was soft, but it was mostly restricted to the head area.

So many great memories - might have to start a 'your favourite Riggs moment' thread.

Personally, I'll never forget that time I mistook him for The Greatest American Hero.

(Believe it or not...)

Personally, I'll never forget that time I mistook him for The Greatest American Hero.

(Believe it or not...)
Wannabe superhero? Yeah, that works.

Best cover: "Believe it or not George isn't at home... where could I be? Believe it or not, I'm not home!"

Wannabe superhero? Yeah, that works.

Harsh. I stil reckon there's a chance that he'll get picked up by the Katts.

Best cover: "Believe it or not George isn't at home... where could I be? Believe it or not, I'm not home!"

Great rendition. But to be fair, he only had this man to beat.

scarbury.jpg

I thought he played OK in the handful of games he had in the seniors and would have liked to have seen him given an extended run last year.

Hope he gets picked up, I reckon he can make it as an AFL player.

Apparently, however, the song beat the show in ratings. Such a damn good show too.

So many great memories - might have to start a 'your favourite Greatest American Hero moment' thread.

Personally, I'll never forget that time I mistook him for Matt Riggio.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can SOMEONE tell me what his 'off field' issues were.

The most damning facet for Riggs was that his issues were clearly not confined to communication with our previous coach as I initially suspected. Axe at Werribee also saw fit to drop him back to the VFL reserves, despite his form. Must have been attitude related, or failure to follow instructions.

Come on, let's be serious, He played about 7 games in a row last year and actually got worse over the course of those games. My understanding is that the knock is he just doesn't involve himself enough in games. And fair enough we let him go, with his ability, if he's not going to apply himself then he's useless.

Re: 28. Matt Riggio

Well Stronzo I liked Riggs. The last post in this thread was back in 08 and he has really gone backwards since then. He got a few AFL games back then and showed some great signs IMO.

This year he was very disappointing and ended up playing quite a bit of VFL reserves. I think he had an interrupted preseason and never got going.

I don't know much about him but everyone keeps talking about attitude problems. It's a shame because I thought he could play - IMO he was highly skilled, great size, tough and hard at it. Lacked intensity and couldn't keep in the game 100% of the time so was inconsistent.

Plays his 200th WAFL game today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back