Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 2023 AFL RS, AFLPA Best First Year Player, 2023 SBM, NMFC Best Young Player - signed thru 2030

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on another front regarding AA selection, if you were picking a team in the school yard, would you choose Jack Sinclair over Harry?

Mmm, thought not

Last night was not a good night for all the “Everybody in the AFL is against North Melbourne” conspiracy theorists amongst us. Reading back through some of the comments in this thread is hilarious.🤣 I’m sure it’s only a short- lived setback, though. It’ll be back in full flow by R1.

Last night was not a good night for all the “Everybody in the AFL is against North Melbourne” conspiracy theorists amongst us. Reading back through some of the comments in this thread is hilarious.🤣 I’m sure it’s only a short- lived setback, though. It’ll be back in full flow by R1.

It is always good to be wary of gifts from the enemy.

I expect it won't take long for them to right this set back. probably the week before the grand final when our assistance is declined.

Congratulations Harry! One of the all-time great debut seasons - which was needed as this year's cohort had some real strong contenders. Looking forward to what's next for this young champ.

Just on another front regarding AA selection, if you were picking a team in the school yard, would you choose Jack Sinclair over Harry?

Mmm, thought not
Sinclair was the highest rated defender in the league this year. He's an absolute gun and easily the best rebounding defender going around atm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about the job this kid's parents have done raising him, just exceptional.

His old man is a footy nut and Harry has admitted a few times he's always rated Wardlaw higher than Harry which cracks me up.

To read into things a bit, they seem like a family that've said "don't worry about North being at the bottom at the moment, that's why they've got you, you give 110% and you're going to be that good that you and George will drag them up the ladder yourselves", and have all bought into the club entirely.

He's comparable globally regarding professionalism at his age for an athlete imo - he just eats, breathes and sleeps footy and recovery - and while that doesn't happen without his personal commitment, its highly attributable to his upbringing.. well done to the Sheezels clan, because boy did we need it.

Geez he’s an impressive young bloke.

At 18, just out of school and keen to live life to it’s fullest before moving into the uni years, I would’ve interviewed like Spiccoli.

Sean Penn 80S GIF
Sean Penn Wow GIF

I remember nn would carry on about our end of year ladder position every bloody year for bloody years.
Said we couldn't land decent talent finishing ninth every bloody year.
Joke is on him now.
Sheezel was pick 38 from memory :p

We've had a bloody good week aye.

Mmm, thought not
Yeah I would tbf. And that's not a knock on Harry at all. Sinclair's disposal is ridiculous

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back