Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 2023 AFL RS, AFLPA Best First Year Player, 2023 SBM, NMFC Best Young Player - signed thru 2030

Remove this Banner Ad

By knowing you live on the beach side of Nepean Highway
Mrs J&PB likes to tell people we live almost in Sandringham but in truth we're only a small postcode boundary change from being swallowed by Dingley. It wasn't until I moved here that I discovered the Nepean Highway Wall is a true measure of southern social capital.

Mrs J&PB likes to tell people we live almost in Sandringham but in truth we're only a small postcode boundary change from being swallowed by Dingley. It wasn't until I moved here that I discovered the Nepean Highway Wall is a true measure of southern social capital.
unlike electoral boundaries postcode boundaries dont change very often, you get weird scenarios like us where we are in moe postcode and bawbaw shire. yet cant vote in the upcoming supplementary narracan election in moe but instead have to drive to trafalgar or willow grove! :-(

then there are catchemnt authoroties which can be diferent depending on which side of a hill you are on, our last property cad a differnet catchment authority across the road to us as the road was on a ridge.

unlike electoral boundaries postcode boundaries dont change very often, you get weird scenarios like us where we are in moe postcode and bawbaw shire. yet cant vote in the upcoming supplementary narracan election in moe but instead have to drive to trafalgar or willow grove! :-(

then there are catchemnt authoroties which can be diferent depending on which side of a hill you are on, our last property cad a differnet catchment authority across the road to us as the road was on a ridge.
I hear ya mate, most recent electoral boundary change meant at the the by-election instead of walking across the road to the local primary school I had to drive 10 minutes down the road.

The post code was more a joke at the Nepean Highway aspirationalists. My dad's back fence is a postcode boundary, he's been googling for years how to change it as it would probably add 20% to the property value 😂.

On Sheezel, for the track watchers - half forward in round 1?

I hear ya mate, most recent electoral boundary change meant at the the by-election instead of walking across the road to the local primary school I had to drive 10 minutes down the road.

The post code was more a joke at the Nepean Highway aspirationalists. My dad's back fence is a postcode boundary, he's been googling for years how to change it as it would probably add 20% to the property value 😂.

1st mistake is voting in your own electorate.

Always drive to another one, as you will walk straight in every time.

Prior to Christmas I would've said No. Mainly because he probably didn't have the body to compete, but his transformation of his upper body over the last 6 weeks has been nothing short of incredible.

So curious to see how he goes with the mature bodies in the pre-season games.

I rented a flat in Buwood in the early 90s. One day a lady came over with a petition to have our neighbourhood re-zoned to Glen Iris. It made no sense to me, I was from the country and Burwood Station was now at the end of my street.

But she seemed nice so I signed her form. It's Glen Iris there now, and my signature has contributed to making a lot of my former neighbours a lot richer than I'll ever be!!

I haven't been down to training, but I'd be shocked not to see Sheezel play most games this year.

I can see him having a similar first-year impact to Jaidyn Stephenson, albeit adjusting for the difference between playing for a Grand Finalist and a young side hoping to escape the bottom four.

When Stephenson was drafted, he already had the tools that he needed to succeed in the AFL. He had pace, he had endurance, and he had a natural outside game. With Sheezel, I see similar. A lot of what will make him a great player, such as his game sense, endurance and footy IQ, is already there. Now, Sheezel is more well-rounded and does have more physicality to his game than Stephenson, but he has enough tricks on the outside to still be an effective player even without the contested stuff that he will eventually add to his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously though. Is that not Drury?

Brady got the use of a "reverse 10 years of aging" cannon to use once only.

Trouble is he was aiming for Goldie but accidentally hit Drury.

We now have to wait 10 years for our draftee to work his way back up to AFL age.

Monty Python's Holy Grail | Monty python, Blackest knight, Python

Remove this Banner Ad

Back