Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone hear Terry Wallace on SEN yesterday afternoon ??
That cheeky Freight train tried to sell the punters on the radio that a certain 1st round pick from the dawks would be a perfect fit for us.......and yes he hasnt been offered a new contract from Glennferrie Oval.

No freakin way on this planet would we deal with those frackers again.

I thought, don’t you dare North

Call me strange but I still think Jed has something to offer. He seems very much like a confidence player to me, and he does show occasional glimpes of class. I feel like it just needs to click for him and he may surprise a few on here, but whether or not it ever happens remains to be seen.

On CPH1701 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope you're right Doc! Let's hope he gets a full preseason under his belt, feels good physically and can build some confidence.

PS you always were a strange ape.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

He looked much better in that game against Brisbane, showed some great fall of the ball crumbling work which along with pressure (which he is elite at) are the most important attributes for a small forward. If he can gain confidence and start to use his pace a bit more he could be a solid player still imo

Yep let's not write him off yet. Ideally he develops into a player we can use to lock down both forward and back, can always use more of these.
He needs to have a bloody good pre-season etc., however I think his issues are mental rather than to do with work rate, so very possible that things change. Meditation worked for the Tigers, try something like that maybe.

A first round pick (15) for a fringe player that couldn't even break into the hawks emergency line up....

Don't blame Jed to be honest.... But Cam Joyce and co royally ****ed up....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

A first round pick (15) for a fringe player that couldn't even break into the hawks emergency line up....

Don't blame Jed to be honest.... But Cam Joyce and co royally ****** up....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

We didn't trade him for a first round draft pick!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anderson, an explosive and classy midfielder who has struggled to break into the premier's senior team, requested a trade last week.

And on Friday, the Kangaroos completed a deal that has seen the club pick up Anderson, pick 38 and pick 40 in exchange for pick 15 and pick 54.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-...rade-from-hawthorn-to-north-melbourne/6860054

Doesn't look like it to me.

History books say we traded a first rounder for Anderson.

Can only say this so many times, Jed did not cost us a 1st round pick!

We used 15 but got back 38 and 40.

38 and 40 were then used to secure pick 17.

Jeds cost was pick 40.

Now everyone judge him on PICK 40 and stop the junk of 1st round expectations.

For Jed see:
https://www.draftguru.com.au/pick-value-calculator#Anderson,38,40|15,54

For Basti see:
https://www.draftguru.com.au/pick-value-calculator#17,26,28,47|basti,34,38,40,53,53

History says look above for the truth.

Don't blame Jed to be honest.... But Cam Joyce and co royally ****** up....

This trade cannot be viewed in isolation.

38 & 40 were then bundled up with Bastinac and became picks 17 & 26 (Ben McKay & Ryan Clark).

Overall, the trade/draft looks like this:

Out: 15, 55, 50 (2016), Bastinac
In: McKay & Clark

McKay was on a par with his brother who went at pick 10, and we effectively landed Clark with picks 50 & 55.

Bastinac is treading water, still hasn't cemented a spot, and is only getting a game because he is at a club that has had a severe rebuild.

I reckon history will show that we did well out of this trade.

Last edited:
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-...rade-from-hawthorn-to-north-melbourne/6860054

Doesn't look like it to me.

History books say we traded a first rounder for Anderson.

0*p4CI4oaY0O2qZAoC.jpg

Yes we did. Bloody hell, like groundhog day.

What is so hard to understand that Hawthorn got our 15 - which is a first round pick.

Sure we got later picks back and with Bastinac gone lessened the blow so we got back into first round but we still traded our first to Hawks.

Last edited:
No, we traded pick 15 for {Anderson + pick 38 + pick 40}. He was only part of what we traded pick 15 for.

And it facilitated the Bastinac deal netting us 17.

We moved down two spots. I bet if you do an analysis of 15 v 17 over the years, you will see that the difference is negligible.

So, if you're telling people they're wrong, then don't go shouting WE DID TRADE ANDERSON FOR A FIRST ROUND PICK. Because we didn't. You're wrong. Again.

He looked much better in that game against Brisbane, showed some great fall of the ball crumbling work which along with pressure (which he is elite at) are the most important attributes for a small forward. If he can gain confidence and start to use his pace a bit more he could be a solid player still imo

Did you watch the game? He had 4 possessions in the first half.

The fact that this guy is still on our list is laughable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back