Past #3: Ryan Bastinac - traded to Brisbane for picks 17, 26, 28 & 47 (NMFC loses 34, 38, 40 & 2016 R3)

Remove this Banner Ad

There are replays on AFL website that go all the way back to 2012. Pretty much like AFL Smart Replays did until it was canned.

Anyway, watched this bloke and just shook my head at what could've been. Another talent not taking the last few steps needed to become a proper footballer.

So close, yet so far for Basti. Hard to know what happened.

There are replays on AFL website that go all the way back to 2012. Pretty much like AFL Smart Replays did until it was canned.

Anyway, watched this bloke and just shook my head at what could've been. Another talent not taking the last few steps needed to become a proper footballer.

So close, yet so far for Basti. Hard to know what happened.
Tried to turn him into an outside runner when that wasn't his footy DNA. We butchered a few.

Tried to turn him into an outside runner when that wasn't his footy DNA. We butchered a few.
It was so weird.

He wasn't quick so outside running was never gonna work. He should've been a inside mid/half forward type that can sneak forward and kick goals.

He was also a great reader of the ball from the pack. Something we still struggle with today.

His career followed the same trajectory as Mullett. So much promise but it was short lived.

It was so weird.

He wasn't quick so outside running was never gonna work. He should've been a inside mid/half forward type that can sneak forward and kick goals.

He was also a great reader of the ball from the pack. Something we still struggle with today.

His career followed the same trajectory as Mullett. So much promise but it was short lived.
Brad Scotts

Someone needs to introduce Basti to one of these:

plenty-1_700x.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was a good (albeit relaxed & not too intense) listen.

Just a good honest chat. He asks some questions of the host too, which seems to show he’s actually interested in the conversation.

As I was typing this, the host asked Bastinac’s favourite holiday destination & he said:

“I would have said Vegas, but I’ve just got back from Amsterdam.
I like smoking a bit of a weed & s**t, so everyone’s *en, so chilled there hey”

I didn’t know about this podcast until this week. Bailey - are you here on BF?
Listening to the 99 flag anniversary episode now.
Great to have a few options for North podcasts!

Basti with his weed is like the old joke about Vegans telling you they're vegan.

Don't think I've seen anything from him in the last 2 years where he DOESN'T mention he likes weed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back