Player Watch #30: Reece Conca

Remove this Banner Ad

no- I disagree. Conca is in as a rotating mid. but for me he is not up to higgins and others like graham.
Yes Conca has been playing midfield. He knows how to find the ball. Like Prestia. And for Richmond that’s invaluable. With Houli and Short in the team. It might be Bellis that comes out. Kmac is tall and playing well.

Changes from the flag
Short In Higgins in
Townsend out mcintosh out
Love conca don’t know if he gets in though
Martin Cotchin Prestia lambert Edwards grigg graham Higgins are the pecking order atm that’s before caddy even. Conca is way back
Reece has great attributes and a big heart just don’t know if he is best 22 against a team with pace like Collingwood in a big final. Got exposed against north in 2015 and nothing has changed. I know he was underdone then but his disposal still worries me. Castagna the only other who may miss
Broad stays and b Ellis is entrenched again

He’s still not best 22. He’s slow and lacks accuracy with disposal under pressure as well as being injury prone. Essendon are s**t which made him look half acceptable. He’s just a top up player and miles behind Higgins KMac and Brando. Anything else is just bull dust.

Last edited:
He’s still not best 22. He’s slow and lacks accuracy with disposal under pressure as well as being injury prone. Essendon are s**t which made him look half acceptable. He’s just a top up player and miles behind Higgins KMac and Brando. Anything else is just bull dust.
Shhhhhh freo could be reading this thread

Conca is a gun and i would hate to lose him as a free agent

Contested ball,, tackling pressure both crirtical to our game plan and finals footy , bellis average final series last year will have him in the gun

Ellis average final series? .No way lifted his game to another level was great in all finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't sold on him,but he gives us grunt in the guts helping Cotch and Prestia and Martin and very hard at it.Good in and under player and he aren't slow and can do the tagging job to.Just has to remember keep it simple.

AFL.com are saying that the Dockers are officially interested in Conca.
Is he expendable you reckon?
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-17/dockers-circling-outofcontract-tiger-reece-conca
I prefer not to lose Conca. It was always on the cards that WA clubs would come calling once he started playing consistently in the firsts. The club stuck by him & played him every time he was fit. If he wins a flag this year, he's got to weigh up cost (low salary)/benefit.(flags).
Miles & Cellis are out the door is enough depth loss for me.
I really hope we are not throwing a $million at Lynch

I prefer not to lose Conca. It was always on the cards that WA clubs would come calling once he started playing consistently in the firsts. The club stuck by him & played him every time he was fit. If he wins a flag this year, he's got to weigh up cost (low salary)/benefit.(flags).
Miles & Cellis are out the door is enough depth loss for me.
I really hope we are not throwing a $million at Lynch
Conca is a quality player thats for sure but I have faith in Dimma and the list managers to make the right decision that will help us in the future and if that means Conca has to go I won't question it. Anyway * the future lets just enjoy what we've got now!

AFL.com are saying that the Dockers are officially interested in Conca.
Is he expendable you reckon?
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-17/dockers-circling-outofcontract-tiger-reece-conca

Gee at 26 if Freo make a big $$ + long term offer might be hard to knock back. Wouldn't get much more than your average pay packet at Tigers. Would really have to love the club a lot to stay under those circumstances.

On a separate note, why are they still listing Broad as unsigned? I thought he put pen to a new deal weeks ago.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back