Past #31: Braydon Preuss - traded to Melbourne FC with #62 - NMFC received Dom Tyson - thx Preussy

Remove this Banner Ad

Kelly is the only high profile quality young player we have a hope of landing from another club.

You would have to expect that is what it is going to take trade wise - maybe even more than that on our side.

The issue is can we get them to agree to do it at the end of this year - not wait another 12 months?

Shiel

I think Preuss needs to take that disappointment and turn it into hunger and he should focus on destroying the opposition in the VFL, he has been good, but he has the capacity to annihilate the opposition and force the club to play him, similar to how Goldy forced his way into our side when we had McIntosh and Hale playing. Goldy's big chance happened when McIntosh went down, but that was a few years after Goldy was rotating with McIntosh in the ruck.

With Waite and Wood down, we have scope to play two ruckmen, one who spends some time up forward and on the pine a bit, gives Goldy longer breaks.

Braydon Preuss’ ruck dominance has been reflected in the numbers, with the big man leading the competition for hit-outs in 2018.

With an imposing 619 taps in 13 games, he’s 60 hit-outs ahead of the next best ruckman.

Preuss is knocking on the door should an AFL opportunity arise in the royal blue and white.

The big man continues to provide silver service to North’s hard-working rovers, and is considered unlucky by many to have not featured in the AFL this season, with the strong form of fellow ruckman Todd Goldstein.

VFL leading hit-outs
1. Braydon Preuss (North Melbourne)
619 hit-outs, 13 games

2. Nick Meese (Williamstown)
559 hit-outs, 11 games

3. Lewis Pierce (Frankston)
420 hit-outs, 10 games

4. Tom Campbell (Footscray)
411 hit-outs, 12 games

5. Marc Pittonet (Box Hill)
384 hit-outs, 11 games

Braydon Preuss’ ruck dominance has been reflected in the numbers, with the big man leading the competition for hit-outs in 2018.

With an imposing 619 taps in 13 games, he’s 60 hit-outs ahead of the next best ruckman.

Preuss is knocking on the door should an AFL opportunity arise in the royal blue and white.

The big man continues to provide silver service to North’s hard-working rovers, and is considered unlucky by many to have not featured in the AFL this season, with the strong form of fellow ruckman Todd Goldstein.

VFL leading hit-outs
619 hit-outs, 13 games

559 hit-outs, 11 games

420 hit-outs, 10 games

411 hit-outs, 12 games

384 hit-outs, 11 games
48 hit outs a game and he got off to a bit of a slow start didn't he?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

VFL leading hit-outs
619 hit-outs, 13 games

559 hit-outs, 11 games

420 hit-outs, 10 games

411 hit-outs, 12 games

384 hit-outs, 11 games

Did that Meese bloke ever get a go at AFL?

He needs to show more around the contest. He is quick for a big bloke but doesn't use it. In his first 3 games in the seniors he was chasing and tackling but that's dropped off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont like where this is going. Goldy is #1 and will play next year, so i can totally understand if pruess walks away, but then what if Goldy has the end thrust upon him?

Why didn't he play?
Late out. Had a niggle.
Jeffries came in as Xerrri was also not playing.
No idea on why both didnt play but the club keeps us up to date with player availability all the time :/

Enjoy Hawthorn Braydon. Just like Haley did. Send us a postcard from the premiership dais.

Yeah, I've had a gut full of us developing ruckman for other clubs to cash in on.

I'd much rather keep the bloke, but unless we can find 3 or preferably 4 fast ready to go midfielders, I can't see him getting a game in the seniors alongside Goldy.

I'll spew if they trade him out for some pick in the late 20's. That would be completely pointless.

Why Hawthorn. They won't pay overs. Can't we ship him to the gold coast for a juicy first rounder

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

A straight swap for Hall?

Why Hawthorn. They won't pay overs. Can't we ship him to the gold coast for a juicy first rounder

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

What we want and what we get are usually poles apart.

We live in a world where James Frawley was worth a top 3 compensation pick but Daniel Wells was worth less than Ty Vickery.

Unless we now have Gubby Allen running our trades I doubt we'll extract maximum value for Preuss in a trade unless Adelaide (about the only side we have a winning ledger against) got involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back