Rookie 31. Oscar Murdoch (2022 -)

Remove this Banner Ad

Me gusta. Looks like a cross between Zach Guthrie and Mark O'Connor.

Jhye's gonna be surrounded by underage teammates, haha. Off the top of my head:

Clohesy, Bruhn, O. Henry, Murdoch, Knevitt, Conway, Riccardi. Fair few there for them all to feel at home straight away :)
Our list really is rejuvenating this old fart, following the progress of a large group of young hopefuls is a huge part of being a club supporter I'm grinning from ear to ear.

Jhye's gonna be surrounded by underage teammates, haha. Off the top of my head:

Clohesy, Bruhn, O. Henry, Murdoch, Knevitt, Conway, Riccardi. Fair few there for them all to feel at home straight away :)
Bruhn and Henry were before his time.

He played with Whyte and Conway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From those highlights he looks strong overhead, reads the play well (good interceptor, like most of our defenders), uses it well.

What's his athleticism like? I saw a mention of him being able to lock down... would he have the physical traits to do a job on the likes of Charlie Cameron, Tom Papley, Shai Bolton, Kozzie Pickett? Those quick small forwards have been a problem for us for a long, long time.

Our list really is rejuvenating this old fart, following the progress of a large group of young hopefuls is a huge part of being a club supporter I'm grinning from ear to ear.

Oisin Mullin and Phoenix Foster + a 24 year old Bowes on top of all of those names - reminds me very much of 2016 all over again :)

Pays to play well in big games. He was country's BOG in that close loss to Metro in September. The "Under 18 Grand Final"

His opponent was Harry Sheezel. Sheezel still played well and kicked 2 but Murdoch out marked him from behind about 4 times one on one.

Did well to represent Vic Country and play on one of the most dangerous players on the ground - so that highlights his credentials alone

316826710_6162815407081550_7501199378766011528_n.jpg

For a kid his body looks like it will not need too much work in the gym.

Pays to play well in big games. He was country's BOG in that close loss to Metro in September. The "Under 18 Grand Final"

His opponent was Harry Sheezel. Sheezel still played well and kicked 2 but Murdoch out marked him from behind about 4 times one on one.
With reviewing a player highlights, I prefer to see when they're contesting and beating a 'quality opposition player' which as you quiet rightly pointed out BigCat1 not only did Oscar Murdoch (190 cm/91 kg) out point Harry Sheezel the 2022 No3 draft selection on at least 3 separate occasions but he did it with ease. Reminds me a little of past elite left-footing backmen in days gone-bye in Matthew Egan from the Cats and Josh Gibson (189 cm/93 kg) from the Hawks, cannot see where we could go possibly wrong with this pick, GO CATTERS !

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back