Senior 19. Phoenix Foster (2022 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing about Foster - looking at the 2 minute clip ( and i didnt mind looking at a couple of those beautiful wooden Grandstands either ) is he looked a good overhead mark and a good mover

Alot of posters in my opinion incorrectly re the other 3 new recruits have said - look they will play the whole year in the seniors - or nearly that - ive disageed with that - because to do that they have to force out a Premiership player

But with Phoenix Foster - there is the full forward spot vacant ( in the early rounds ) - some posters have said that Neale is nearly a lock for that - or 1st priority - i dont agree with that at all - how i see it that FF spot is totally up for grabs - and it will be - who performs best in the preseason games - that could be Sav - Neale - Foster - or someone else

So you could conclude - there is some sort of reasonable chance that Foster could be Full forward in Geelongs AFL team in round 1

I rate foster but neale in his 3rd year should be planning to make that spot his own.
Henry in his 3rd year should be planning to do likewise.
So id be surprised if foster plays the early rounds.
I also wouldnt be surprised if we try him as a defender in the vfl anyway.

The thing about Foster - looking at the 2 minute clip ( and i didnt mind looking at a couple of those beautiful wooden Grandstands either ) is he looked a good overhead mark and a good mover

Alot of posters in my opinion incorrectly re the other 3 new recruits have said - look they will play the whole year in the seniors - or nearly that - ive disageed with that - because to do that they have to force out a Premiership player

But with Phoenix Foster - there is the full forward spot vacant ( in the early rounds ) - some posters have said that Neale is nearly a lock for that - or 1st priority - i dont agree with that at all - how i see it that FF spot is totally up for grabs - and it will be - who performs best in the preseason games - that could be Sav - Neale - Foster - or someone else

So you could conclude - there is some sort of reasonable chance that Foster could be Full forward in Geelongs AFL team in round 1
He certainly could be.. and its also possible Jennifer Aniston calls me up for a date.

Both possible... but highly unlikely and IMO not so much a reasonable chance.

Neale has better AFL fitness and more preseasons into him , more experience with the game plan and thus a probable synergy with the group.

Foster is starting from a long way back to pass Neale and take that Hawkins spot.

And Foster hasn't got a trained the house down yet... the magic metric by which all preseasons are judged lol.

GO Catters

Last edited:

Her certainly could be.. and its also possible Jennifer Aniston calls me up for a date.

Both possible... but highly unlikely and IMO not so much a reasonable chance.

Neale has better AFL fitness and more preseasons into him , more experience with the game plan and thus a probable synergy with the group.

Foster is starting from a long way back to pass Neale and take that Hawkins spot.

And Foster hasn't got a trained the house down yet... the magic metric by which all preseasons are judged lol.

GO Catters

Lets just wait and see - your super keen on Neale - personally i think Sav has got a better chance - but that Full forward spot is totally open - anyone of 4-5 players could occupy that position come round 1 - and it will simply come down to who performs best in the pre season games

Your very keen on Neale - but they havent played one pre season game yet - its a wait and see approach - but at least with the FF spot someone new has to come in

Odds of this bloke playing Rd1 would be 1000/1 and that’s being generous. That’s not a knock on him but even assuming Hawkins is out you’d go Henry, Neale, Sav, Stanley/Ceglar against Collingwood before 90k.

I could see them going with a Cameron, Danger, Rohan, Henry mobile marking forward line before even playing Neale, 1000/1 on Foster playing are generous odds.

I could see them going with a Cameron, Danger, Rohan, Henry mobile marking forward line before even playing Neale, 1000/1 on Foster playing are generous odds.

They certainly are - and seeing hes freely offering 1000 to 1 - i want to claim him for $100,000 to my $100

And the contenders he listed in front of him Henry- Neale - Sav - Stanley - Ceglar - well i will give you a quiet street corner tip - that is no Kentucky Derby field far from it - that Phoenix has to beat - to claim the full forward spot for Round One

Why rush him? Give him a few years in the VFL

Exactly right.

The luxury of being such a well run and competitive club is we don't have to throw 18 year old kids to the wolves in their first couple years. We get to wait until they're ready, rather than stunt their development and traumatizing them by going too early (E.g Jack Watts)

It's why IMO so many draft busts occur at Melbourne, Carlton and the expansion clubs over the years. These kids don't just magically forget how to play football, they're thrown in too early and it breaks them.

I genuinely believe if some of those kids were drafted to a Geelong, Richmond or Sydney they'd still be on AFL lists. Maybe even end up as stars, but that's just the way footy is unfortunately.

They certainly are - and seeing hes freely offering 1000 to 1 - i want to claim him for $100,000 to my $100

And the contenders he listed in front of him Henry- Neale - Sav - Stanley - Ceglar - well i will give you a quiet street corner tip - that is no Kentucky Derby field far from it - that Phoenix has to beat - to claim the full forward spot for Round One

PM your bank deets and pin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the feeling he might be a bit like Mitchell Lewis at the Hawks, who did make decent progress this year btw... Not a world beater but certainly competitive.

Lets just wait and see - your super keen on Neale - personally i think Sav has got a better chance - but that Full forward spot is totally open - anyone of 4-5 players could occupy that position come round 1 - and it will simply come down to who performs best in the pre season games

Your very keen on Neale - but they havent played one pre season game yet - its a wait and see approach - but at least with the FF spot someone new has to come in

Sav is a defender now which is why we kept him.

I get the feeling he might be a bit like Mitchell Lewis at the Hawks, who did make decent progress this year btw... Not a world beater but certainly competitive.

If he's Mitch Lewis then we'll be laughing. Takes a damn good player to do what he did this year with that pathetic Hawks midfield delivering you the ball.

Yes his highlights look good but they are against u18s, and it's not like he kicked 70 or 80 goals for the year, those 1000/1 odds are way overs to play this year

As long as Neale is fit I expect it will be between him and Jack Henry for full forward first couple of rounds. I would like it to be Neale as he is the one on the list that I expect to have first shot at Tom's spot. In the limited time he got last year he showed he was ready to attack the marking contest and he is very mobile for his size plus he has an excellant kicking action. Added to this he appears to have put on more size. The photo of Phoenix in the pre season pics shows he still has schoolboys upper body. He will take time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back