Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

So this kid was heavily predicted to go at 15 but we got him for 41! That sounds awesome in theory, but why did he slip so far down? Is he injury prone?

Also what type of player is he?

19 year olds, tend to slip a bit.

He's more Sam Wright, than Jeremy Cameron imo.

The clubs replenished the medium forward stocks though.

A few comments from Mason i like

1 - I like to blow up players
2 - I just dont like to lose
3 - I back myself 1 on 1
4 - Hard work pays off

If he plays half of what he speaks, hes a keeper.

From that footage, he reminds me a little bit of Black but with endurance and probably less ground level ability and speed.

Ayden Kennedy, you've met your intra club opponent.

is it just me or does he remind anyone of Cam Mooney in that video. Looks, the way he talks and plays. Bit shorter though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always been a fan of Mason, Really works hard and has a frame that he will be able to add a lot of bulk to. Needs to work on his contested marking a bit, but with his workrate he should develop into a nice prospect. Wouldn't be expecting much for a while from him though.

i watched him play a few games this year, he caught my eye in the champs with his athleticism and also kicked a few goals.

he played a bit as key forward for the falcons, he could develop into a handy player at afl level.

Mason will end up a good player. Watched him for many years, and he plays best on a wing, imo.
Has a hot sister as well.

Good get at 41.

I agree. Like him as a lead up forward, and there's probably room there also.

He's a bit of a Figjam.

That should disappear when he realises the que he has to try and jump in regards to midfielders, we've got a phone book of talented kids now, about a dozen of which were far more highly rated juniors than he, and when he starts competing against Petrie, Hansen, Tarrant, Curran, Daw, Delaney x 2, Hunter, Grima and Kennedy in a forward role, and he realises the amount of development he still needs to endure, his ego will undergo a pretty rapid deflation......

Fantastic pick up at 41. Should definitely have gone 20-25.

I agree. Like him as a lead up forward, and there's probably room there also.

He's a bit of a Figjam.

That should disappear when he realises the que he has to try and jump in regards to midfielders, we've got a phone book of talented kids now, about a dozen of which were far more highly rated juniors than he, and when he starts competing against Petrie, Hansen, Tarrant, Curran, Daw, Delaney x 2, Hunter, Grima and Kennedy in a forward role, and he realises the amount of development he still needs to endure, his ego will undergo a pretty rapid deflation......
The ego will be tested at VFL level. If he can dominate there in his first season (which I doubt), he will feel that he is ahead of some players. But if he struggles against men in the VFL, that will show him where he's at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back