Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - signed as a DFA - welcome Toby BFNAAK

Remove this Banner Ad

Is stop gap till Griff is back.

Was improved on last week.

Next week it won’t matter who is out there as a KPD, we’re gonna get pantsed.

But griff is also not the final answer to the backline. Comben is the centerpiece plus another 2m type defender.

But griff is also not the final answer to the backline. Comben is the centerpiece plus another 2m type defender.
Lol. Comben's as natural a forward as we have at the club. His main issues are that he's made of paper and has a shithouse set shot routine. Unless we reel in a big fish, or Wil Dawson morphs into Matthew Scarlett, Logue is and will be the centrepiece

Lol. Comben's as natural a forward as we have at the club. His main issues are that he's made of paper and has a shithouse set shot routine. Unless we reel in a big fish, or Wil Dawson morphs into Matthew Scarlett, Logue is and will be the centrepiece

Ummm you might not've read the vfl reports, he is playing at chb

Ummm you might not've read the vfl reports, he is playing at chb
I'm well aware of where we're trying to play him in order to provide a change of scenery for him and give ourselves a big body back there. But, if he ever strings games together, he's not gonna stay there. I'd stake the house on it

He was better then Corr and anyone who can't see that dosen't know football.
Definitely, Corr was looking like an old man. He tries hard, but my god he is a low iq footballer.
Very happy with pink yesterday, hopefully he can grow into his role. Like the team, needs games and continuity

Strange that. With Biggie and Pink recruited to the club I thought we had an “embarrassment of riches” in the key defensive posts with the “luxury” of playing Comben back as well. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange that. With Biggie and Pink recruited to the club I thought we had an “embarrassment of riches” in the key defensive posts with the “luxury” of playing Comben back as well. :stern look

No embarrassment of riches when between 4 players they’ve played collectively under 20 games.

Experiment at best.

Not gonna hang any of them give their inexperience.

But people thinking we should be doing better are looking at where we are and adding things players are simply not capable of.

Whether Pink makes it or not will be something that we’ll need to continue to look at over a fair stretch of games.

20+.

I fully expect only 1 of Biggie, Pink, KDawson to make it.

Edit Comben is a forward and we have a gaping hole in the forward line.

They need to call time on that.

No embarrassment of riches when between 4 players they’ve played collectively under 20 games.

Experiment at best.

Not gonna hang any of them give their inexperience.

But people thinking we should be doing better are looking at where we are and adding things players are simply not capable of.

Whether Pink makes it or not will be something that we’ll need to continue to look at over a fair stretch of games.

20+.

I fully expect only 1 of Biggie, Pink, KDawson to make it.

Edit Comben is a forward and we have a gaping hole in the forward line.

They need to call time on that.
Agreed. My knock is not on Biggie or Pink. It’s on List Management and the Bozos on this forum who have been defending List Management decisions. The bottom line is a couple of clowns at the club need to be shown the door. :stern look

Agreed. My knock is not on Biggie or Pink. It’s on List Management and the Bozos on this forum who have been defending List Management decisions. The bottom line is a couple of clowns at the club need to be shown the door. :stern look
IMO McKay for Duursma was the right move.

It’ll take time to bear fruit.

It sucks that we’ve been down for so long but there’s still more pain coming (regardless of who we get rid of from the FD).

Was pretty good yesterday, especially for a second game. The midfield were the ones letting us down during the third quarter massacre. Our defensive structure is a mess and struggles to keep up with onslaughts like that. I'd sooner drop Corr than Pink or Dawson, as a 'leader' he should know better.

IMO McKay for Duursma was the right move.

It’ll take time to bear fruit.

It sucks that we’ve been down for so long but there’s still more pain coming (regardless of who we get rid of from the FD).
Duursma looks a player but gee how many mid sized forwards do we need on the list? Since Rawling has been at the club we have added Stephenson, Ford, Curtis, George and Duursma to the list. And we already had Zurhaar and Taylor. Meanwhile we move on McKay and replace him with nobody of note. The mad scramble for this sloppy list management saw us select Biggie, Pink with Comben earmarked down back. Young Dawson recruited with an eye to the future. I’m sorry but that ain’t forward planning. More pain to come indeed. :stern look

As is always the case in football: it doesn’t matter who you have defending if your midfield has routed.

In saying that, I thought he played really well considering and was generally right there with his direct opponent.

As is always the case in football: it doesn’t matter who you have defending if your midfield has routed.

In saying that, I thought he played really well considering and was generally right there with his direct opponent.
Yep - in late Q2 and all of Q3, we were absolutely smashed in contested possession time and time again everywhere and then couldn't defend the spread from half back and through the middle. As is often the case, defenders get the blame.

Yep - in late Q2 and all of Q3, we were absolutely smashed in contested possession time and time again everywhere and then couldn't defend the spread from half back and through the middle. As is often the case, defenders get the blame.
I am curious how long AC is going to hang the backline out to dry as our mids get torched after they inevitably run out of steam after one quarter of effort.

Duursma looks a player but gee how many mid sized forwards do we need on the list? Since Rawling has been at the club we have added Stephenson, Ford, Curtis, George and Duursma to the list. And we already had Zurhaar and Taylor. Meanwhile we move on McKay and replace him with nobody of note. The mad scramble for this sloppy list management saw us select Biggie, Pink with Comben earmarked down back. Young Dawson recruited with an eye to the future. I’m sorry but that ain’t forward planning. More pain to come indeed. :stern look
Any KPD we took in the draft (which is forward planning) was gonna be raw.

And WDawson is.

We did address some upcoming issues with the list through the draft. We’re still missing a KPF and a crumbing forward.

It doesn’t really matter how it got sliced. There is no silver bullet here.

Only hard fought improvement which is gonna take time and pain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back