Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - signed as a DFA - welcome Toby BFNAAK

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really conflicted because I think Colby and Zane are both looking like excellent pickups, but gee I still think drafting Dan Curtin was the smart move to make with one of those two picks.

I'm really conflicted because I think Colby and Zane are both looking like excellent pickups, but gee I still think drafting Dan Curtin was the smart move to make with one of those two picks.

Let's wait until we see Curtin at the level for that. The melts on here would be nuclear watching Duursma play for the Hawks right now.

Duursma looks a player but gee how many mid sized forwards do we need on the list? Since Rawling has been at the club we have added Stephenson, Ford, Curtis, George and Duursma to the list. And we already had Zurhaar and Taylor. Meanwhile we move on McKay and replace him with nobody of note. The mad scramble for this sloppy list management saw us select Biggie, Pink with Comben earmarked down back. Young Dawson recruited with an eye to the future. I’m sorry but that ain’t forward planning. More pain to come indeed. :stern look
McKay is s**t. Pink was better than him yesterday.

McKay is s**t. Pink was better than him yesterday.
Rightio. This coming from someone who was clutching at straws in finding a positive in Rawling’s List Management. It’s staring you in your face. Get off the Magic Mushrooms and you might see the Truth! :stern look

Rightio. This coming from someone who was clutching at straws in finding a positive in Rawling’s List Management. It’s staring you in your face. Get off the Magic Mushrooms and you might see the Truth! :stern look
Unfortunately the last time I had magic mushrooms was that time we played Freo in the first game of 2019, they don't even grow where I live now. However they have more truth in them than your whining about Rawling. In fact they show universal truths about the nature of reality that are undeniable. You could do with some.

Your obsession with either/or duality blinds you to the true nature of reality, which is that things exist along a spectrum not at the end points of one. :cosmic look

Hence Rawlings is neither good or bad but has a ratio of good decisions to bad ones and your insistence on being right over being accurate prevents you from seeing the good ones. Rawlings isn't perfect but on balance has done more good than bad for our list, including cutting dead wood at the end of '20 and '21.

Fact is McKay was s**t yesterday and didn't do anything for his side. Whereas Pink at least played one very good half of footy. Because of that decision we have a player who is as good as the one we let go and Duursma.

Duursma looks a player but gee how many mid sized forwards do we need on the list? Since Rawling has been at the club we have added Stephenson, Ford, Curtis, George and Duursma to the list. And we already had Zurhaar and Taylor. Meanwhile we move on McKay and replace him with nobody of note. The mad scramble for this sloppy list management saw us select Biggie, Pink with Comben earmarked down back. Young Dawson recruited with an eye to the future. I’m sorry but that ain’t forward planning. More pain to come indeed. :stern look

The time to have drafted the key back was 3 years ago (that key back was likely DGB who’s proven to be a complete bust anyway) Curtin was the only real option last year and he’s currently injuried and would be the same proposition as Will Dawson right now anyway.

Doubling down on Duursma (who 17 other coaches would give their left nut for after watching him the last month) is certainly an interesting take.

I agree with you in that more investment should have been made in talls

But you should be bowing down to Rawlings for securing Duursma this offseason. “Looks a player” is surely a pisstake…

IMO McKay for Duursma was the right move.

It’ll take time to bear fruit.

It sucks that we’ve been down for so long but there’s still more pain coming (regardless of who we get rid of from the FD).
It’s already in our favour. Duursma was very good yesterday and Ben McKay was the same Ben McKay that only looks good when he is playing loose and intercepting. As a one on one defender he is poor.

The time to have drafted the key back was 3 years ago (that key back was likely DGB who’s proven to be a complete bust anyway) Curtin was the only real option last year and he’s currently injuried and would be the same proposition as Will Dawson right now anyway.

Doubling down on Duursma (who 17 other coaches would give their left nut for after watching him the last month) is certainly an interesting take.

I agree with you in that more investment should have been made in talls

But you should be bowing down to Rawlings for securing Duursma this offseason. “Looks a player” is surely a pisstake…
Turn it up Sphincter. Rawling is a Dud. At least you can see his lack of investment in Key Defenders. Kudos to you for that. But that ain’t the only hole in our list. Or knock on how he has handled List Management. So I’m not bowing down to that Turkey for the silver lining rewards he has claimed due to his complete and utter incompetence. :stern look

Unfortunately the last time I had magic mushrooms was that time we played Freo in the first game of 2019, they don't even grow where I live now. However they have more truth in them than your whining about Rawling. In fact they show universal truths about the nature of reality that are undeniable. You could do with some.

Your obsession with either/or duality blinds you to the true nature of reality, which is that things exist along a spectrum not at the end points of one. :cosmic look

Hence Rawlings is neither good or bad but has a ratio of good decisions to bad ones and your insistence on being right over being accurate prevents you from seeing the good ones. Rawlings isn't perfect but on balance has done more good than bad for our list, including cutting dead wood at the end of '20 and '21.

Fact is McKay was s**t yesterday and didn't do anything for his side. Whereas Pink at least played one very good half of footy. Because of that decision we have a player who is as good as the one we let go and Duursma.
LOL. Rawling has done more good than bad. Ladder positioning over his tenure as North GM of Football and List Manager and current list profile suggests otherwise. Get off the mushrooms :stern look

LOL. Rawling has done more good than bad. Ladder positioning over his tenure as North GM of Football and List Manager and current list profile suggests otherwise. Get off the mushrooms :stern look
Ladder position was crap from when he got here. You can't magically change a crap list into a good one within a few years. Teams like Geelong and Sydney already have a good list and can manage personnel changes. We had * all.

Turn it up Sphincter. Rawling is a Dud. At least you can see his lack of investment in Key Defenders. Kudos to you for that. But that ain’t the only hole in our list. Or knock on how he has handled List Management. So I’m not bowing down to that Turkey for the silver lining rewards he has claimed due to his complete and utter incompetence. :stern look

I will say, Logue’s ACL isn’t his fault. He recruited one of the best available in the market to our club for minimal outlay.

I agree it’s not the only hole in our list. Bottom clubs tend to have more than one area of need.

But using Duursma as the sacrificial lamb is a ******* stupid angle.

The kid is clearly miles better than just “a player”

I wouldnt trade Curtin, DGB, McKay and 30 other key defenders in the competition for him, despite our deficiencies there.

It’s quite possible we have the stocks on our list now, we just need time for recovery (Logue) and development (W.Dawson) it’s clear we’ve had some assets mismanaged by Clarkson/Ratten (K.Dawson) over the last 18 months.

Pink is nothing more than a stop gap and Corrs contract alone is a sackable offence.

I'm well aware of where we're trying to play him in order to provide a change of scenery for him and give ourselves a big body back there. But, if he ever strings games together, he's not gonna stay there. I'd stake the house on it

Comben is being trained all season as a defender and will end his career there. The club has a history of turning traditional fwd to defenders to great effect i.e. mick martyn, tarrant, daw. Comben is ready built to be a big powerful figure and we need one like this at chb as he also has great run, jump plus intercept ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comben is being trained all season as a defender and will end his career there. The club has a history of turning traditional fwd to defenders to great effect i.e. mick martyn, tarrant, daw. Comben is ready built to be a big powerful figure and we need one like this at chb as he also has great run, jump plus intercept ability.
Lol

Well done by Toby yesterday. He did a really good job and is getting the best out of himself. That’s all we can ask of him. On the other hand, I do think he is the first guy to make way when Comben and Logue are fit. That’s not a knock on Toby.

It’s already in our favour. Duursma was very good yesterday and Ben McKay was the same Ben McKay that only looks good when he is playing loose and intercepting. As a one on one defender he is poor.
Funny how we all see things differently. I would say BMac is very good 1 on 1, but that’s not the game these days……gets completely lost when playing a zone and having to decide when to go and when to not.

Funny how we all see things differently. I would say BMac is very good 1 on 1, but that’s not the game these days……gets completely lost when playing a zone and having to decide when to go and when to not.
McKay has awful 1v1 stats. He can intercept but that's about it.

I watched him get bossed by Logan MacDonald last night.

McKay has always been terrible one on one, mainly due to s**t body positioning.

He only looked great for us when he could play loose and intercept.

We need a tall imposing defender who can mark the ball. I don't think Curtin will become that type of defender. I don't know how accurate these height stats are, but on draft night he didn't look much taller than Jordan Dawson.

W.Dawson is our guy. He's just going to take some time.

Surely to * no one is saying they'd rather McKay than Duursma? A bottom team is going to jump at the chance to trade in a middling (maybe muddling) FB for pick 3. It's not even a discussion.

Anyway, back to Toby Pink. Was better, but likely a place holder until we get Logue and Comben fit and W Dawson up to speed.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back