Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - signed as a DFA - welcome Toby BFNAAK

Remove this Banner Ad

Can any of the keen draft assessor’s advise me what my excitement level should be with this news?

People saying this spells the end for our borderline defenders but A Bonar might lift with Pink around.

Bonar is in the Firrito school of sub 190cm key defenders, but lacks Spud's aggression or desire to run and rebound. He has been on the list for four years, can't just keep everyone forever.

Jeez there's some miserable campaigners around here.

We added some KPD depth. Nice.
Exactly, it's getting ridiculous. People moaning about key position depth on the list and we make the type of pick up that many other teams like Pies and Crows have done and people still want to complain because it's not prime Steven May or something. It's a mature body that gives us time with the Logue injury and to develop the young draftees who won't be physically ready to compete for 22 games on the right timeline that we hopefully add in the draft (like an O"Sullivan/Murphy/Shoenmaker). You never know, we might find a Scott Thompson or Firrito out of it.

Bonar is in the Firrito school of sub 190cm key defenders, but lacks Spud's aggression or desire to run and rebound. He has been on the list for four years, can't just keep everyone forever.
True - his career is probably over - could he resurect it? Didn't really get erected in the first place did it? Probably wishful thinking but was hoping Pink might help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True - his career is probably over - could he resurect it? I don't think it ever got erected in the first place. Probably wishful thinking but was hoping Pink might help.

Yeah, it is a shame, he looked good at times, he just struggled to play out games without getting hurt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back