Player Watch #32 Tomas Bugg - Departing MFC

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Bugg is on the fringes of best 22. But seems to be working very hard. Has put up quiet a few picks of himself training on insta. I think he’s on a redemption mission this year.

I think Bugg is on the fringes of best 22. But seems to be working very hard. Has put up quiet a few picks of himself training on insta. I think he’s on a redemption mission this year.

I'm sure most if not all of the others are training as well but they're not Instagram whores like Bugg.

I'm sure most if not all of the others are training as well but they're not Instagram whores like Bugg.
Maybe. Just seems a few have gone away and he’s still working away at training. But who knows. Gawn came back from his off-season break looking the fittest his been. Must have worked his arse off on holidays.

Maybe. Just seems a few have gone away and he’s still working away at training. But who knows. Gawn came back from his off-season break looking the fittest his been. Must have worked his arse off on holidays.
Both Gawn and Todd Goldstein have re-emerged model slim. I think they’ve eaten a tapeworm. Probably in recognition of the new world where you can’t just be a ruck, you have to be a contributor all over the ground.

As for Buggy, if he’s working then good on him. He needs to fix his set shots if he wants to snag a spot forward though. I have Harmes ahead of him in that role, and both make me nervous ball in hand in defence.

I like the guy but as I’ve said before, there won’t be any comeback story if he plays like he did last week.
Exactly. Needs to show more onfield if he's to stay in the seniors with lots of other guys ready to take his place. I worry that the hard edge and intensity he played with has now gone with that punch. He played with that white line fever attitude that Hawthorn had during their premiership years. But if he doesn't play with that intensity anymore, I fear he doesn't have a skillset that will cement a best 22 spot. Wouldn't be surprised to see Stretch or Hannan take his spot in the coming weeks.

I like the guy but as I’ve said before, there won’t be any comeback story if he plays like he did last week.

If he learns to kick straight, he would be a lock.

Pressure forward who plays tall... and butchers it

If he learns to kick straight, he would be a lock.

Pressure forward who plays tall... and butchers it

He's bloody good at creating a contest in the air for a small guy. If you look at Hogans big pack mark against Brisbane the slow mo shows Bugg would have been 2nd hands to it. Problem is he couldn't kick himself in the ankle if he tried.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's bloody good at creating a contest in the air for a small guy. If you look at Hogans big pack mark against Brisbane the slow mo shows Bugg would have been 2nd hands to it. Problem is he couldn't kick himself in the ankle if he tried.
Runs straight at the footy every time. The best quality any player can have

Still think he's a s**t player, but trying hard and being in the right place and the right time has merit.

What a ******* legend.

In my completely unbiased opinion he's the best player to wear red and blue since Robbie Flower.

I love Bugg and I want to have all of his children.

4 goals, what a champion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back