Retired #34: Andrew Phillips - Retiring at the end of the 2023 season - 8/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing how similar he and Francis look!

hey mate I have another avatar suggestion

sandra-sully-interview-1468982695.jpg

You could seriously do a heck of a lot worse than this guy, always had a soft spot for him even besides the fact he's Tasmanian.

He can be frustrating in that at his best, he looks like he could be a star, but then... he's not for some reason, or gets injured. To be fair his injury issues probably been the main factor in consistency problems. Could do to be a bit more aggresive/physical, but then, again, injuries.

Hope he does well anyway.

2019 stats are comparable already I think.

Very similar stats in 2019 - Tom played more games in 2019 but was the number one ruckman, whereas Andrew was the back up ruck at the Blues, but when he played he did did pretty well averaging nearly 30 hitouts.. he looks like a solid pickup.

Andrew: age - 28, height - 203cm, weight - 99kg, games - 5, ave hitouts - 29.8, disposals - 11.4, tackles - 3.4, marks - 3.6, goals - 0.2
Tom: age - 30, height - 201cm, weight - 108kg, games - 16, ave hitouts - 25.6, disposals - 11.2, tackles - 1.9, marks - 3.2, goals - 0.4

Certainly between the 2 of them you'd think they will be able to hold down ruck duties until Sam Draper is back to full fitness - hes the one I'm really interested in seeing in 2020

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very similar stats in 2019 - Tom played more games in 2019 but was the number one ruckman, whereas Andrew was the back up ruck at the Blues, but when he played he did did pretty well averaging nearly 30 hitouts.. he looks like a solid pickup.

Andrew: age - 28, height - 203cm, weight - 99kg, games - 5, ave hitouts - 29.8, disposals - 11.4, tackles - 3.4, marks - 3.6, goals - 0.2
Tom: age - 30, height - 201cm, weight - 108kg, games - 16, ave hitouts - 25.6, disposals - 11.2, tackles - 1.9, marks - 3.2, goals - 0.4

Certainly between the 2 of them you'd think they will be able to hold down ruck duties until Sam Draper is back to full fitness - hes the one I'm really interested in seeing in 2020
Reads as being more mobile than Tommy, which I like. If he can get back to averaging high 20s for hit outs he could displace Tom.

You could seriously do a heck of a lot worse than this guy, always had a soft spot for him even besides the fact he's Tasmanian.

He can be frustrating in that at his best, he looks like he could be a star, but then... he's not for some reason, or gets injured. To be fair his injury issues probably been the main factor in consistency problems. Could do to be a bit more aggresive/physical, but then, again, injuries.

Hope he does well anyway.
Sounds exactly like the stereotypical modern day Essendon players. Fits right at home.

Good pickup. Now to draft a young ruckman to develop and we can start plugging the massive hole at our club.

I’m a TBell fan/advocate but even I thought he was cooked. Obviously plenty of negative talk on here but maybe he was carrying an injury (typical). When a big man does an ankle it obviously takes longer to heal. Hoping he bounces back but I as well as others have my concerns. If Draper is slow in getting back, can he at least hold his own?

But but ...Tbelly is cooked. Medium to charcoal done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back