AFL Player #35: Matt Guelfi - Out for <insert weeks> with a calf strain - 18/3

Remove this Banner Ad

41% of his disposals were turn overs in the first 3 weeks. Was a straight up liability. Today he just looked so much more comfortable slightly further up the ground. Needs to stay there.

He had plenty of mates.

Nope. No one was as bad as him in regards to turn overs. No other defender in our team had more than 20%. He was a liability.

A much better player in general play between the arcs. He should never enter the D50 again.

Nope. No one was as bad as him in regards to turn overs. No other defender in our team had more than 20%. He was a liability.

A much better player in general play between the arcs. He should never enter the D50 again.

He spent time in the mid in those games as well and a few he just rushed on to his boot as some mids do. Plus he was at more stoppages than other defenders.

Turns up to Anzac day with a 'look at me' haircut. Should be benched for the year - it's not about you, Matt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time I've seen him live and was impressed with how hard he went at the ball and the man.

We need his type so it's important he's reducing the error rate. I hope he builds on this for the rest of the season and locks down a spot.

I reckon if he was playing at a different club he'd probably be a tagger already. Just seems like the type.

In any case I think he's a lot better further up the ground. I absolute love how he straight lines the ball every time and makes sure he wins it. If everyone on our team had that level of commitment to winning contests we'd be top of the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back