Delisted #35: Yestin Eades - Released from contract - 15/2

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought if you were drafted you got a 2 year contract?

We can move a player from the main list to the rookie list but i am certain he still has a year on his contract so will be a rookie.

Gach and Wallis on the other hand as rookies only got the year contract so could be dropped

We can move a player from the main list to the rookie list but i am certain he still has a year on his contract so will be a rookie.

Gach and Wallis on the other hand as rookies only got the year contract so could be dropped

Pretty sure the club can opt to pay out the remaining year of the contract to release him after a year - meaning we won't necessarily take him as a rookie depending what others options we have available.

From a contracts perspective you would assume the club wouldn't be able to do that unless there's certain base job requirements were not met allowing the club to essentially tear up his contract.

From a contracts perspective you would assume the club wouldn't be able to do that unless there's certain base job requirements were not met allowing the club to essentially tear up his contract.
Or there's a clause in said contract that allows the club to terminate after one year for any reason and pay out any owed monies as per the contract etc

From my recollection of the press release, the club ran with the "we want to give him every opportunity" line.

I'd expect Eades to be retained as long as he has been working hard and continues to work hard. I doubt that other options would come into it.

Essendon rookie, Yestin Eades, has been involved in an alleged incident which is currently before the Courts.

The Club and Yestin have agreed the suitable course of action is for him to immediately stand down from the senior football program on an indefinite basis, to allow him the appropriate time to deal with this personal matter.

General Manager of Football, Rob Kerr, said the Club would review its position having regard to the legal process.

“The Club takes the allegations and charges against Yestin extremely seriously, it is a complex matter and we have worked closely with the AFL, AFLPA and Yestin’s management to reach this position,” Kerr said.

“The Club and Yestin have agreed he will stand down immediately from his senior football commitments to ensure Yestin undertakes the appropriate steps, including counselling, to address this matter.

“The Club and the AFLPA will continue to provide avenues of support to Yestin as he works through this process.

“Yestin has advised the Club he will contest the charges, and it would be inappropriate for the Club to comment further on the matter as it is currently before the Courts.”
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-01-13/club-statement-yestin-eades

Unfortunate. You'd think he'd be done now wouldn't you?

"Stood down indefinitely" sounds like a more polite way of saying he's been shown the door, though I don't want to draw any conclusions without knowing what's going on.
may depend on the result of the case (depending on what the charges are), if he's found not guilty it allows the club to accept him back easily

To think HeppA could have had that spot... why do so many indigenous players have these off-field problems!! Just behave ffs, you're grown ups.

Gach and now Yestin. I know there has to be a certain amount of stupidity in young men, but is the club doing enough to limit it? From the outside it would seem they could do more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To think HeppA could have had that spot... why do so many indigenous players have these off-field problems!! Just behave ffs, you're grown ups.
What an ignorant comment. And bordering on something worse

Ask Colin Sylvia, Daniel Connors, Dustin Martin, Ben Cousins and Brendan Fevola why they didn't/ haven't grown up sooner. It's not a problem limited to indigenous Australians...

It seems a good percentage of players
What an ignorant comment. And bordering on something worse

Ask Colin Sylvia, Daniel Connors, dustin martin, Ben cousins and brendan Debora why they didn't/ haven't grown up sooner. It's not only an indigenous problem
Of all the indigenous players who have played, a good percentage of them have had some sort of off field problem. NOT ALL, its not an ignorant statement, it's fact, and its not racist because I'm not saying it happens because of the colour of their skin. So let's not start that rubbish.

Of all the indigenous players who have played, a good percentage of them have had some sort of off field problem. NOT ALL, its not an ignorant statement, it's fact, and its not racist because I'm not saying it happens because of the colour of their skin. So let's not start that rubbish.
I mean whether you intended to do that or not, it's absolutely implied by what you said that you're leaning towards that being the reason why.

You're saying it's limited to a race when it clearly isn't, that's racism mate

When you begin any statement with 'why do so many indigenous players' you're making it about the colour of their skin.

I mean whether you intended to do that or not, it's absolutely implied by what you said that you're leaning towards that being the reason why.
Lol, you can point out something happening in another race, and not be trying to scold them. I said of the indeginous players who have played, a good percentage of them have these off-field issues. You are allowed to talk about things, without being labelled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back