Past #36: Phoenix Spicer - drafted w/ #42 in 2020 ND - delisted end '23 - 12 NM games / 2 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

By the looks of that, Phoniex is being played higher up the ground a bit more. He was originally a winger.
In all of the games I saw earlier in the year, when he was played as small forward, he never got near it, and always looked better on the wing (albeit his kicking still an issue)

Great to hear Phoenix back out there and injury free. The fact that he appears to have had an impact with his pace and positioning a bonus really. Absolutely possesses weapons that are unique to our list. The fact that Phoenix, Bonar and Comben all got through today's game healthy more important to me than the win.

I just read the scratch match report on the clubs website :

"While Comben was the standout, there were solid performances from several Roos.

Returning from a hamstring injury, Phoenix Spicer was influential, particularly late in the game.

The 19-year-old found plenty of the footy, with precision ball-use through the corridor on several occasions."

We all know Phoenix has pace but precision ball use to go with it, i like it, a lot, well done son.

It's definitely been a while between drinks since we've had a fast creative player and/or a really agile fall of the ball goalsneak.

If Phoenix can provide just a little of what LT or Boomer provided prowling near goal that'd be a great point of difference for our forward line.

It's definitely been a while between drinks since we've had a fast creative player and/or a really agile fall of the ball goalsneak.

If Phoenix can provide just a little of what LT or Boomer provided prowling near goal that'd be a great point of difference for our forward line.
I hope so too but I’ve been at a few of phoenix’s games and I just don’t see it; hellas_johnny is spot on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really don't know how he's been named emergency. Was very average in the vfl last week his disposal by foot is so bad

How is he kicking for goal?

With all due respect i think he absolutely has something and will benefit hugely from a stable pre season or two. He's been displaced from his home state, is very small by afl standards and just came of a big injury.
You don't have to worry about respect or otherwise, you're entitled to a view; everything you say I acknowledge, it's certainly a big ask for a young one to move inter-state and start a career at 18. Maybe a second pre-season will make the difference - hope so

With all due respect i think he absolutely has something and will benefit hugely from a stable pre season or two. He's been displaced from his home state, is very small by afl standards and just came of a big injury.

He's super talented and super raw, extremely interested to see how he develops over the next few years.

Really don't know how he's been named emergency. Was very average in the vfl last week his disposal by foot is so bad
Agree. Out of all our 2020 draft class . He’s definitely the one coming on the slowest. But that does not mean he’s not going to make it . He’s still very slight & raw . We know that pace alone ain’t going cut it in the AFL .
I reckon we he will alright. I’m very confident he will become a Neon Leon Davis type player for us . 👍👌

Remove this Banner Ad

Back