Past #36: Phoenix Spicer - drafted w/ #42 in 2020 ND - delisted end '23 - 12 NM games / 2 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

I want to be happier with the cards we hold and not chase the river.
I like pushing all-in with the flush draw, and hitting it personally, but that’s me.

All the others words you wrote are solved with simply losing a few more games. We have earned Jason Horne. He’s ours. Excitement, talent and balls.

* wining with Dads army defence, what does that really achieve?

Bringing in Young gives us every chance of losing

I like pushing all-in with the flush draw, and hitting it personally, but that’s me.

All the others words you wrote are solved with simply losing a few more games. We have earned Jason Horne. He’s ours. Excitement, talent and balls.

fu** wining with Dads army defence, what does that really achieve?

Bringing in Young gives us every chance of losing
It's a play, I'll give you that. Cards next Thursday?

Adelaide in SA?! Even Carlton is a bit of a stretch, albeit not impossible.

With Polec, Anderson, Bonar and Corr?

Both are extremely winnable. I have not slept in days over this.

It's a play, I'll give you that. Cards next Thursday?

Yeah I’m in, PM me details

(Log in to remove this ad.)

010721Gallery-29.jpg

After showing some positive signs in the VFL early in the season, first-year player Phoenix Spicer has been missing in recent weeks due to a hamstring injury.

Due to the potential for soft tissue injuries to repeat, Rawlings says the club has been cautious with Spicer’s reintegration into match play.

“Phoenix being a first-year player means we’re ultra conservative with our rehabilitation from soft tissue injuries, so he’s been progressing well but slowly,” he said.

“He’s training with the group and has been for quite some time. We think another week of training will do him the world of good.

“We don’t want him to be at risk of a recurrence … but he’s a chance to put his hand up to play VFL next week.”

After showing some positive signs in the VFL early in the season, first-year player Phoenix Spicer has been missing in recent weeks due to a hamstring injury.

Due to the potential for soft tissue injuries to repeat, Rawlings says the club has been cautious with Spicer’s reintegration into match play.

“Phoenix being a first-year player means we’re ultra conservative with our rehabilitation from soft tissue injuries, so he’s been progressing well but slowly,” he said.

“He’s training with the group and has been for quite some time. We think another week of training will do him the world of good.

“We don’t want him to be at risk of a recurrence … but he’s a chance to put his hand up to play VFL next week.”
Can't knock this conservative approach. Hamstring issues for quick guys are no joke.

Have a feeling we're not going to name a relatively experienced side in Round 23 interstate.
Really? Could be a few farewell games being handed out.

Also, you just know that if we're heading into the final round needing a loss to lock up 18th, we'll miraculously jag our first win at Adelaide Oval in about 100 attempts.

Phoenix Spicer returned from his own hamstring injury in the scratch match, and didn’t look out of place amongst a strong field of AFL listed players.

Adams says Spicer’s pace proved crucial throughout the contest, and he should increase his time on ground in the near future.

“He (Spicer) played about 65 per cent of the game as we looked to just manage him a little bit, but Spice played well,” he said.

“He really showed some pace, did some nice things with the ball in hand and it’s probably actually one of the better games I’ve seen him play in terms of his movement.

“He seemed to be not hampered by that hamstring at all.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back