Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Hayden was due for another shot at the top level but the last two weeks showed he is just a half second too slow at decision making.

He should be playing midfield before we make the decision.

He clearly isn't a defender and I have no idea why we insist on playing him there.

ps: I highly respect his immaculate physical condition. He has left absolutely nothing in the tank work rate wise to make the grade.

He clearly isn't a defender and I have no idea why we insist on playing him there.

ps: I highly respect his physical condition. He has left nothing in the tank to make the grade which is more than I can say for some of our others who coast.
I don't know how he plays midfield - although I understand that this is where he played during his draft year I haven't seen it translate in his career at NM. Including pre-season 21 and under Shaw.

I don't know how he plays midfield - although I understand that this is where he played during his draft year I haven't seen it translate in his career at NM. Including pre-season 21 and under Shaw.

Tagger. He can learn from better players. (it may not work sure)

He is not a defender and not a good decision maker, so let him forget that and just hunt the player.

ps: I highly respect his immaculate physical condition. He has left absolutely nothing in the tank work rate wise to make the grade.
Agreed. That's why I have a soft spot for him. Compare the transformation of his body to some of those drafted around the same time as him.

Agree. He is not a defender and would offer us much more as a tagger.
He was playing well tagging Pendles before snapping his achilles.
I’m not sure why we have persisted with him in defence when he has proven, even though a very small sample, that he can play a tagging role.
Has a good tank and is strong over the ball plus I believe he will thrive if given the extra responsibility.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He arrived like that. A bit like Majak.
That's seriously underselling the work he's put in IMO. He arrived in good knick for an 18yo (credit to his pre draft work) but has put on some serious lean mass in that time, all the while dealing with a lot of injuries which contrary to popular belief doesn't translate to time in the gym to work on your upper body. It's not easy to do, he's quite simply outworked a lot of draftees from his time.

He would have to be depth only. Still wouldn't want him in my starting 22 - Would you offer him a contract next year?

At the moment? No.

However (like some of our others) I don't believe they are being playing to their strengths, so i'd simply like a change now before making that final call. (we have Greenwood running like a 90yo in the middle FFS, it's not like we can't change it up)

He is clearly overwhelmed deep in the backline with ball in hand, it's like we are trying to humiliate him or something - it's odd to me.

At the moment? No.

However (like some of our others) I don't believe they are being playing to their strengths, so i'd simply like a change now before making that final call.

He is clearly overwhelmed deep in the backline with ball in hand, it's like we are trying to humiliate him or something - it's odd to me.
My take is that - he clearly has some talent, enough to be named in the 22. Can't break into midfield, isn't a forward so they are trying to get him into the team somewhere and that somewhere is the backline. If he's good enough to play midfield he should be good enough to play in the backline.

The idea that Hayden is a potential midfielder waiting to happen is fantasy land stuff. Poor skills and decision-making and execution under pressure are deplorable. That doesn't suddenly change because he is in a different position.
I don't think he's a midfielder in our side, given the amount of mids we've recruited.

But it's not ludicrous to think that for some blokes, decision making improves when they're in the thick of it rather than sitting behind the play and setting it up.

Even on the decision making front - I'd like to re-emphasize, 15 games. Half a season of games more than someone like Perez, who has (understandably) made some howler skill and decision errors in his short career.
And at most clubs Perez would be playing VFL football right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think he’ll make it long term. However, I think we wouldn’t lose anything by playing him in the middle over greenwood. I think we almost owe him a crack at it in the middle.

At least let him prove that he’s not an afl midfielder, rather than just delist him without knowing or ruining his confidence down back. If we are going to play him, it should be there.
Just my opinion
Pre season game against saints last year, played against crouch in the middle and got 22 touches 7 clearances after coming back from long term hammy.
He's a bloody mid, but we play a draught horse instead of him

Until his hamstrings ping
Give it a rest Mrs Hayden.

His OP has robbed him of any speed, you are extracting the piss if you are trying to tell me he has genuine foot speed.

He’s been close to the worst kick at the club since he got there and shock horror it hasn’t gotten any better at AFL level.

Bog average at VFL level with the same turnovers, terrible at AFL level.

Looking forward to Noble replacing him with an even worse small defender in Archer.
He had OP before his trials and he ran a 2.92
Sorry smoochers love child🤦

Agree. He is not a defender and would offer us much more as a tagger.
He was playing well tagging Pendles before snapping his achilles.
I’m not sure why we have persisted with him in defence when he has proven, even though a very small sample, that he can play a tagging role.
Has a good tank and is strong over the ball plus I believe he will thrive if given the extra responsibility.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He is suited to playing small to medium lockdown, did a job on some top small forward, Betts, McAdams, Tippa ECT.

My take is that - he clearly has some talent, enough to be named in the 22. Can't break into midfield, isn't a forward so they are trying to get him into the team somewhere and that somewhere is the backline. If he's good enough to play midfield he should be good enough to play in the backline.
Based on that logic, how do you reckon, LDU, Phillips and Jyza would go😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back