Past #37: Will Fordham - pick 33 '14 Rookie Draft - thanks for your service WIll

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothin against the bloke, but he would just be another sub 15 game mid in our side. Should be getting 25-30 a week in the twos.

Disagree,

I actually think he could accumulate low 20's playing afl footy. Getting outside footy off guys like Cunners and Ziebell would actually be beneficial for a guy like Fordham. That and having additional space on the bigger afl grounds

Disagree,

I actually think he could accumulate low 20's playing afl footy. Getting outside footy off guys like Cunners and Ziebell would actually be beneficial for a guy like Fordham. That and having additional space on the bigger afl grounds
roos_fanatic08 Mate I hope I'm completely wrong, we are desperate for a guy who has the tools that he appears to have. But it ain't easy getting the ball at afl level.

Disagree,

It's confusing why you give a player 3 years on the list, 3 years of development and coaching etc and don't expose them at all.

Year is shot, let's take a look once and for all. He's not some project player, it's not like we're throwing an Eric Wallace into the senior side.

It's confusing why you give a player 3 years on the list, 3 years of development and coaching etc and don't expose them at all.

Year is shot, let's take a look once and for all. He's not some project player, it's not like we're throwing an Eric Wallace into the senior side.

He must have something for them to keep him around that long.

Have seen him play 4 VFL games this year. Has good pace, gets around the ground, mostly uses it well, but seems to fade in and out. A period of play occurs in the game and then suddenly you notice Will do something and think "oh, that's right, he's playing". He has a good patch where he's involved in the play for 5-10 minutes and then he disappears again. If he can fix that, and be more consistent, he might get a chance. The other knock is that at times he shanks a kick, and I mean horribly, but on that score he's not Robinson Crusoe. Not sure he'll make it, but another pre-season and who knows? He's still young.

Zurhaar's promotion has probably signalled Will's delisting at the end of the year. I suppose JMac, Jacobs or EVW could be put on the LTI though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zurhaar's promotion has probably signalled Will's delisting at the end of the year. I suppose JMac, Jacobs or EVW could be put on the LTI though.

He is probably playing his best footy right now, so I don't think his papers are stamped.

If you look at the wording of the announcement, they said "nominated rookie", so I think they've used the ability to promote a rookie at mid season rather than the LTI spot on The Zurhaar.

If you look at the wording of the announcement, they said "nominated rookie", so I think they've used the ability to promote a rookie at mid season rather than the LTI spot on The Zurhaar.
I thought you could only promote a mid season rookie if you go into the season with less than 40 on the seniors list. I think we're 40/4.

Have seen him play 4 VFL games this year. Has good pace, gets around the ground, mostly uses it well, but seems to fade in and out. A period of play occurs in the game and then suddenly you notice Will do something and think "oh, that's right, he's playing". He has a good patch where he's involved in the play for 5-10 minutes and then he disappears again. If he can fix that, and be more consistent, he might get a chance. The other knock is that at times he shanks a kick, and I mean horribly, but on that score he's not Robinson Crusoe. Not sure he'll make it, but another pre-season and who knows? He's still young.
Shanks the odd kick - future captain material! He is playing really well at the moment.

Won't be offered a new contract. Thanks for your service Will.

Best of luck Will.

Keep plugging away and the wheel might turn.

Hope to see you in a North VFL jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back