Delisted #38: Nick Kommer - Delisted - 26/10

Remove this Banner Ad

He looks a touch off after a few seasons off..
I.e. his trade mark pressure isn't as fierce as a couple of seasons a go.
Nothing wrong with swapping him with Conor this week.
Its a long season and i'm confident he can play a role..

What does that have to do with Kommer who was worst on ground by a long way?

He was part of the speed injected into the side. A team is made of 22 players.

That operates on the assumption that he performed the role he was selected to play. If that were to be the case I would be genuinely shocked. Might as well give me a gig. I can do jack s**t on the field too.

Selectors decide if Kommer is playing his role. I am happy that he is scoring goals which he couldn't do in 2013

Selectors decide if Kommer is playing his role. I am happy that he is scoring goals which he couldn't do in 2013

Can't remember why I went down that path.

I could not be less interested in what the selectors think. They are the ones who chose him to play and if he is performing a function it is an indictment on those the selectors.

My main point is that you cannot divorce actual performance from the theory behind a selection. Just because Kommer is in the side to put on pressure and be a small forward does not mean he is doing it to a level that is of any benefit to the team. If you think that Kommer has been doing anything of value in the last two games then I suppose we can't take the argument any further.

Cannot kick. Had quite a few touches but burned almost every disposal today. I appreciate his workrate but cannot make it with his skillset.

Essendon website put Kommer in the best. Had 17 possies but didnt think he was that great. Surely Redman comes in before he does

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon website put Kommer in the best. Had 17 possies but didnt think he was that great. Surely Redman comes in before he does
Yeah, not sure how. Had it 17 times but turned it over about 10 of those times. Plus the three behinds

Probably gets the last spot in the bests due to his 8 tackles?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Probably gets the last spot in the bests due to his 8 tackles?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Redman, Cogs, Merrett were all better.

I didn't think he'd physically recover from his knee so in that regard I'm wrapt for him, having said that he's garbage.

I love his effort and he made one nice squaring kick to Coughlan but that was literally it

The coaches love him because he does the team thing first every time. Too bad he is not really up to AFL level. Average pace, not the cleanset at ground level and not a long kick. One thing
some player do need to do is watch him play. Despite his lack of ability he does have a good footy brain and he positions himself well around the ground. If you could tie Edwards ability into his footy brain and team first attitude you would have a super star.

The coaches love him because he does the team thing first every time. Too bad he is not really up to AFL level. Average pace, not the cleanset at ground level and not a long kick. One thing
some player do need to do is watch him play. Despite his lack of ability he does have a good footy brain and he positions himself well around the ground. If you could tie Edwards ability into his footy brain and team first attitude you would have a super star.
I remember watching him from seats directly behind the goals at Adelaide Oval a few years back against the Crows. I was seriously impressed with his footy smarts, awareness of what was around him, and his unselfishness. As you said he knew where to place himself around the ground and his hands below is knees were exceptional that night. Admittedly that was his best game for the club. A lot has happened since then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back