Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - has signed a 4 year contract extension to the end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

So that’s an end of year job isn’t it? Comben and Xerri both LTI
It can be a bloody horrendous injury to deal with.
Rest, no weight baring, minimal movement, pain = loss of condition, long term recovery.
WC still can't get a handle on Yeo's

DaveyBoy123 mentioned he was on the track with Rocca, Goldy and Larkey? Was the Big X doing anything or just standing around rubbing his groin region?

It was bloody cold out there this morning, so some rubbing had to be done by all of us. But anyway...

They were doing boundary line ruck contests mainly. But he then joined in with the whole group to do the kicking to the power walkers drill (gee, it looked silly). X looked fine to me, but I do stress that it was a very light session.

I don't know much about OP, but I know groin issues can sometimes be tricky and you can do a lot of things, while not being able to do others. But you'd think that if he was at least out there training, then he couldn't be too far away (presuming the issue doesn't get any worse).

With today's news re Taz, Mr X's return to the side becomes even more important. Josh Walker will probably have to go back at some stage (especially if Corr doesn't make it back), so Xerri needs to be the big body next to Larks, chopping out Goldie in the ruck.

With today's news re Taz, Mr X's return to the side becomes even more important. Josh Walker will probably have to go back at some stage (especially if Corr doesn't make it back), so Xerri needs to be the big body next to Larks, chopping out Goldie in the ruck.
Xerri played a half against Sandy on Saturday; didn't set the world on fire, but got through, so that's a start. I assume they'll be looking at a full game this weekend against Melbourne, so he should be available for selection thereafter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Tommy had his cards marked?

He might be required in the interim.........don't want to see Larkey in the ruck ever again.
I rate Tom Campbell - as a VFL tap ruck watching over the first year kids. If he plays again in the ones, it will have been after a "break glass in case of emergencies" moment

I rate Tom Campbell - as a VFL tap ruck watching over the first year kids. If he plays again in the ones, it will have been after a "break glass in case of emergencies" moment
I Still think he'd go OK as first ruck in the AFL. Obviously a step, or two, down from Goldy but I don't think he'd be awful by any means.

As for Xerri, the sooner he's fit and healthy and on the field the better. Structurally and with an eye to the future right now is the perfect time for him to be getting a glut of AFL level experience.

Xerri played a half against Sandy on Saturday; didn't set the world on fire, but got through, so that's a start. I assume they'll be looking at a full game this weekend against Melbourne, so he should be available for selection thereafter
Needs to play a good solid block of VFL. And show something there.

Played a full game in the VFL today apparently. If he recovers well then get him in!

Would have thought how he played is a factor also.

He should be near dominating at that level by now (which I hope he did)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back