Player Watch #39: Finnbar 'Moose' Maley

Remove this Banner Ad

Indeed, footywire had better catch up to the club website, thanks

(should still be in ;))
Yea he should as should Sellers and Archer . The older guys need the boot no commitment from them just collecting their pay that’s it .

You're right, I get the argument, but then McKercher and Duursma aren't physically ready either - Maley is not a boy, he's 24 and he might need to learn on the job like the kids.

we need a second marking target, esp. down the line
I'd be playing Maley.

He just needs to disrupt the opposition team defence thing that goes on every week. Even a little bit.

Better still, a little bit of chaos with his leaping and pack hitting wouldn't go astray either.

Chaos Maley.

Has a ring to it.

Definitely give him a shot. Be clear though, tell him that he is there to compete and he might be a little earlier than expected but get him to use the experience to learn about the AFL and if it lasts for 1 or 2 games only, use it as part of his learning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#69 eh ? a bold initiative, i like it
Played against a bloke in the u17s who wore no 69. He also had a fairly full beard. Later in the season his team was disqualified from playing in the finals as he was too old before the season started. His defence was that his family had lost his birth certificate when he was young and they didn’t know how old he was. Surprisingly this sterling defence was not enough.

Last edited:
I am involved with the Northern Bullants as a volunteer - Finnbarr was with us last year and is a great kid. He is very raw but he can play. I’ve spoken to Damian Monkhurst and North are very happy with Finnbarrs progress. I have heard a whisper that he will be named in the squad this week. I’d just tell him to run at the ball and mark it - thats his strength and something we need.

I am involved with the Northern Bullants as a volunteer - Finnbarr was with us last year and is a great kid. He is very raw but he can play. I’ve spoken to Damian Monkhurst and North are very happy with Finnbarrs progress. I have heard a whisper that he will be named in the squad this week. I’d just tell him to run at the ball and mark it - thats his strength and something we need.
Yup, and hopefully Sheez is nearby for the quick handball.

Settle - all I’m hearing is he will be named. Doesn’t mean he will be in the final 23 but he’s very close.

Yep, well said, calm your farm SpiderBurton22 , you'll scare him off.

How are youse Kickit, I'm probably your second biggest fan behind Spider.

Edit; I did some volunteer work locally at Carlotta's treasures in Belgrave. So with out us putting back a lot of things don't happen.

I made my own sign up for their suit collection. SPECIAL - DEAD MAN SUITS $5.00.

Oh boy they walked out the door, first time in years actually.

Play him in the VFL for the year. He's not ready (and neither was Sellars) so let him develop properly.
mate, we're on the same page most of the time, but not with this - he's on the list, he fills a need, he plays.

The 'develop properly' line applies to all the teenagers, Finbar's not a protected species

Would be a huge call I know, but if was Clarko, not only would I start him this week, I’d give him the captaincy. I reckon he is up to the challenge.

In fairness, I’ve never heard him talk, and know little about him apart from watching the highlights from the game against the baggers 2’s, but sh*t wouldn’t it turn the club a full 180 if we give him the gig and he was the full captain blood type.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back