Past #39: Flynn Perez - drafted w/ #39 in 2019 ND - 2x ACL - delisted end '23 - 24 NM games / 1 NM goals - thanks Flynn

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember basically no match practice except for those mix n match games.
His foot skills and willingness were sensational for a guy in his first few games.
Hopefully the sniff fuels the fire and next year Flynn is in rising star contention.
I am happily surprised for what I thought we might get from him

Any chance of a clip package of his first 3 games being in the works giantroo ?

I have a feeling the Melbourne folks invested in the draft pick contest won't like seeing it.

Went ok, it's mid September now, can well imagine the comments on here by say February, gun, gun, bull, bull, next captain, certain Brownlow medallist, etc etc . He went ok

Went ok, it's mid September now, can well imagine the comments on here by say February, gun, gun, bull, bull, next captain, certain Brownlow medallist, etc etc . He went ok

Don't worry, most will throw him overboard if he has a couple of poor ones.

We have plenty of 10 second footy judges here.

He has grown physically in 10 months as much as any kid I have seen in recent years.

1600381048917.png 1600380955403.png

Those deltoids are downright rude for a 19 year old. Look at the change in the before & after after 10 months.

They're tailor made to smash opposition campaigners.

1600381564308.png

Last edited:
Flynn a soccer star on the rise

Kristen Alebakis

September 11 2013 - 4:39PM

BUDDING sports star Flynn Perez says he isn’t ready to decide between playing soccer or footy.

The Bendigo boy has just been selected as captain of the School Sports Victoria Soccer team and will compete at the national championships later this month.

The 12-year-old is just one of two country players to be selected in the team, with the rest of the squad picked from Melbourne.

Perez said he was surprised to have been picked in the soccer team.

“There are so many good players in the whole of Victoria, so when I got picked I was surprised,” he said.

“It still hasn’t sunk in.”

Perez also won the Bendigo Junior Football League under 12B best and fairest with St Killians St Peters.

The Grade 6 student said he was passionate about both soccer and footy and would continue to compete in both.
Bendigo Skills Acquisition Program co-ordinator Nick Mammone said it was good to see Perez rewarded for his hard work.

“To get into the Victorian team you need to go through local trials, regional trials and then metro trials,” he said.

“It is very difficult to get a guernsey, so it is a credit to him.”

Mammone said Perez would now be able to test his ability against some of the country’s best young soccer players.

SKILLED: Soccer player Flynn Perez showing off his skills. Picture: JIM ALDERSEY

SKILLED: Soccer player Flynn Perez showing off his skills. Picture: JIM ALDERSEY

What has surprised me so much about him in three games is attack on the pill.

Looks 70kgs dripping wet but has a serious crack.

It’s been a while since we have had a good half back that is tough and skilfull.

Love his attack on the footy but would have to disagree with him looking 70kg dripping wet. I think he looks solid for a teenager, bigger then what I thought and has a frame that when he fills out he will an absolute animal

Love his attack on the footy but would have to disagree with him looking 70kg dripping wet. I think he looks solid for a teenager, bigger then what I thought and has a frame that when he fills out he will an absolute animal

He's going to be a BULL.

When he came in the door 10 months ago he looked like a 14 year old boy, but now he looks like a man.

He's alleged to weigh 82kgs, well he'll be 85+ by next season, and he'll eventually crack 90kgs. The kid only turned 19 three weeks ago, he's grown 1cm this season, and it's possible he could get to 190 yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was very loose in the 1st quarter, but he's got it.

I watched him at a couple of stoppages where he got caught ball watching but quickly went back to find his man. Most gun juniors tend to be naturally instinctive which he clearly is but he also looks to be a thinker.

And what about that non-preferred peg!

All I can say is “WOW!” This kid can play . Too bad the season finished up on him . Great poise , balance & he can hit targets! Did everyone notice he has a great skill not many in AFL have ?
He can kick just as good on either side of the body! hard to tell sometimes if he’s a left or right footer . Huge plus & hope for us ! Deer in the headlights Atley should be worried .....

All I can say is “WOW!” This kid can play . Too bad the season finished up on him . Great poise , balance & he can hit targets! Did everyone notice he has a great skill not many in AFL have ?
He can kick just as good on either side of the body! hard to tell sometimes if he’s a left or right footer . Huge plus & hope for us ! Deer in the headlights Atley should be worried .....

Yes, I think most of us have noticed (and been very pleasantly surprised) by his natural skill level. Those left foot kicks last night - so natural that the commentators literally didn't even realise he was on the non-preferred.

Agree I don't think he looks puny in the 'before' shots it's just the pose.

When taking a look at Perez on-field, his ability is often greater than his testing ability, with Perez showing nice athleticism to think his way through congested situations and dispose of the ball. While his pre-season 2018 20m sprint time of 3.09 seconds is not overly impressive, he shows it out on the field that he is able to gain separation from opponents. He has the touch of class that you notice in moments that stands out, and while his kicking efficiency of 50.7 per cent from that season needs to improve, it is more of his consistency to dispose of the ball when under pressure and understand the time he has than a technical action as such. He did average just one third of his possessions at the coalface, but he worked hard to spread well around the ground and often find space on a wing or at half-forward where he could set his teammates up. He has a good vertical leap, recording 77cm at the same 2018 pre-season testing day, a number than no doubt would have improved over the past 18 months had it not been for his injury setback. Furthermore, his dedication to his recovery from all reports has been top notch with Perez providing great off-field leadership to the Pioneers and being a terrific person off the field while not being able to contribute on it. He has some terrific upside, which he will no doubt show once he is able to get back out on the park.

Thought the same thing. Interested to see them combine.
Just spittballing here for a minute, but just think: If we did get Williams that could have us with a back 6 of Tarrant, Corr, Williams, Perez, Hayden & Luke.

Totally different set up to what we have now and no butchers in sight 👍

A man can dream........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back