Past #39: Leigh Harding - selected with #13 in 2000 RD - retired at end of 2010 season - coaches at BL

Is Harding the new Arnold Briedis?

• Yes, he is the new Briedis

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No, he's not the new Arnie

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • His goalkicking reminds me of the great Arnie Briedis

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • He is ruggedly handsome like Arnie!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We've picked up Will Sullivan who is a 200+ cm ruckman who was on the rookie list player with West Coast for three years and I think he will definitely provide us with some good ruck depth.

I can seem him playing senior VFL football as well.

I'll be able to get back to all of you with some more player signing news in the next couple of weeks.

I'll be able to get back to all of you with some more player signing news in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks Ben. Good to see you're all over it. Is your Werribee role the same as in past years? (as I know you were meeting up with the new coach recently)

Thorp has signed with South Launceston and will be playing with his brother back at home in Tasmania.

Bongetti, Thorp, Pask and Obst all gone.

The Tiges are going to struggle for a spine. I expect a lot of the North young talls to head to Avalon Oval.

At least Majak will get a run in the seniors now, and should get plenty of game time up forward.

More signings confirmed via this week's edition of Inside Football:
Former Sydney Swans midfield type Matt O'Dwyer, ex Essendon tall Michael Still, ex Geelong rookie Tom Allwright, Steve Owen/Bryn Weadon (ex Geelong).

TAC Cup signings include Michael Sodomaco who played as a 23rd player in a number of games for us last year, Tom Ruggles, Trent Williams, Jarryn McCormack and Jackson Davis.

Thanks Ben. Good to see you're all over it. Is your Werribee role the same as in past years? (as I know you were meeting up with the new coach recently)

It's changed due to an opening that has become available due to retirement of some statisticians.

Looks like I will be calling the stats for Werribee this year, look forward to learning how it all works and using the software we use for stats recording as well.

For anyone interested, here's a full list of signings that was posted on the club's website yesterday.

Leigh Harding 29 North Melbourne 181cm HBF 140 AFL games, Backline Coach

Michael Still 19 Essendon/Knights 195cm Key Forward 2 years on Essendon list

Will Sullivan 21 West Coast Eagles 201cm Ruck 3 years on West Coast Rookie list

Tom Allwright 20 Geelong 187cm Mid/Forward 2 years on Geelong Rookie list

Michael Sodomaco 19 Geelong Falcons 173cm Onballer Captain Falcons & won B&F

Tom Ruggles 18 Geelong Falcons 182cm Onballer 4th in Falcons B&F

Matt O’Dwyer 22 Sydney Swans 181cm Forward Played 7 AFL games

Stephen Owen 22 Horsham/Geelong 186cm Mid Spent 3 years on Geelong list

Bryn Weadon 20 Geelong 185cm Def 2009 Geelong Rookie list

Sean Tighe 19 Aspley QLD/Jets 198cm Fwd Won B&F Jets 2009

Jordan Treloar 18 Northern Knights 193cm Fwd Kicked 30 goals in TAC 2010

Marc James 19 Sandringham Dragons 186cm Def 4th in Sandy B&F, nephew D.Frawley

Josh Huxtable 18 Western Jets 186cm Def Kretiuk rated 2nd best in Wyndham

Dan Schibeci 18 Western Jets 179cm Fwd Skilful left footer with scope

Trent Williams 18 Geelong Falcons 193cm Def Won Falcons Coaches Award

Kieran Paliouras 18 Geelong Falcons 178cm Mid Was playing senior GFL at 16yr

Josh Caldow 19 Ballarat FC 193cm Fwd Former Nth Ballarat TAC Cup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good get. I'm a little disappointed because I assumed he was still working for us down at Werribee with the young guys this year.

Good luck to him. He really became one of my favourite players after reinventing himself into a half-back/mid. Great guy.

Yep, not happy Jan.

But, good on ya Turtle. Will be missed.

Best of luck to him. Hopefully he makes a name of himself and is back at North one day

Back