AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton 🥈

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

better contested possession player than lynch though
Probably. Exactly the type we need though, similar to Monfries in a way.

The thing I like the most is that he's a smart footballer. Those are invaluable.

Smart being the word. He just knows where to be and where to lead and generally makes good decisions.

Smart being the word. He just knows where to be and where to lead and generally makes good decisions.
100%. He still needs size and weight but we've got a bargain in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Light on his feet, good decision maker, good mark, good kick. Can't think of a player taken before him in that draft I'd prefer at Essendon - haven't seen enough of Petracca at AFL level, McCartin is a KPP so it's very early days there - and only the bloke taken after him by Sydney is clearly going to be elite no questions asked (Heeney, Academy pick).

The bloke taken a couple of picks later in the draft might give Kyle a run for his money though (and I'm not talking about Boekhorst)...

Reminding me more & more of Byron Pickett every week. Is getting alot stronger through the core, shaking off tackles at the hip, whilst keeping balance & awareness of the unfolding play ahead. Decision making & disposal is improving dramatically & is shaping as the biggest find & keeper (best 22) for 2017.

If there's one area for him to work on (aside from continuing to build his tank), it's the high ball. He's suss under a high kick and generally his overhead marking is hit and miss. Needs a few sessions with the Rugby full backs sitting under the high bombs.
Good call - think he's ok if he can take it on his chest but gets tense if he has to take it overhead. Misses more than he makes in this scenario.

Love him though.

Good call - think he's ok if he can take it on his chest but gets tense if he has to take it overhead. Misses more than he makes in this scenario.

Love him though.

Me too, a great find for us, and I look forward to him improving further - the sky is the limit with this guy.

Langford will surpass Stringer. Not even 20, what a bright future. Reminds me of a young hird.

Langford will surpass Stringer. Not even 20, what a bright future. Reminds me of a young hird.
Now Langford is looking very good but let's not get carried away. Stringer is an absolute superstar.

Now Langford is looking very good but let's not get carried away. Stringer is an absolute superstar.
They're very similar, this kid has it better between the ears n hasn't had a serious injury, knock on wood. I'm not saying he'll pass him in 5 years but compare the two come 2030, will be a great debate.

Back