AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton 🥈

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else notice in the 'sounds of the game' that Goddard called Langford "Angus"?
Assume that's a Monfries thing?

Why would it be a Monfries thing?

Yep. Strange he didn't get 3. Says to me there are concerns whether he makes it.

Dude, just take a moment to think through the scenario.

Why would he even want a three year deal now? He has not played footy at a level that would justify him being paid the sort of money that he would want to be earning in his 5th year (which would be the end of a three year deal).

I have absolutely no doubt that he was offered a two year deal because both player and club know that it's too early to be talking mid-long term deals on serious money.

All he achieves by signing a three year deal at this stage is running the risk of being underpaid for 12 to 24 months.

Yeah I don't really see it with this guy. He's young, that much is true.
Geez you're negative mate.

He's fine. He's still got a lot of development to do but he's showing some very good signs and I can't believe anyone is buying into the idea two years is because of some huge concern with him. He is tracking absolutely fine.

Alex Browne took a shorter contract for pretty much the same reason, ie prove himself then sign for more.

The fact that Alex couldn't make it back after a knee reco has no bearing on this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost every kid we've ever drafted was a gun.
My old man played for vic country and the roo's, hasn't been watching much of the dons with all the crap going on, watched most of the game last night, only thing he asked about was who was number 30 running around for us.

Dude, just take a moment to think through the scenario.

Why would he even want a three year deal now? He has not played footy at a level that would justify him being paid the sort of money that he would want to be earning in his 5th year (which would be the end of a three year deal).

I have absolutely no doubt that he was offered a two year deal because both player and club know that it's too early to be talking mid-long term deals on serious money.

All he achieves by signing a three year deal at this stage is running the risk of being underpaid for 12 to 24 months.
This. The club wouldn't risk a 3 year deal and Langford would be stupid to sign for 3 years if he thinks his currency will continue to rise (which he should think).

His second half in the VFL was the best I've ever seen him play, was finally unleashed into the midfield and just looked a class above.

Exceptionally clean hands, composure, pin point skills, movement through the midfield where he showed great agility and speed at times and tackled hard.

With some more size and another pre-season look out for next year, him and laverde are the inside midfielders we have been looking for that I'm certain of.

His second half in the VFL was the best I've ever seen him play, was finally unleashed into the midfield and just looked a class above.

Exceptionally clean hands, composure, pin point skills, movement through the midfield where he showed great agility and speed at times and tackled hard.

With some more size and another pre-season look out for next year, him and laverde are the inside midfielders we have been looking for that I'm certain of.
It's amazing what happens when taps are directed towards this bloke. Leuenberger take note, Jamar won't have to as surely the selection panel will see what Mckernan has to offer.

It's amazing what happens when taps are directed towards this bloke. Leuenberger take note, Jamar won't have to as surely the selection panel will see what Mckernan has to offer.
Even if the taps weren't good it was his willingness to get involved that impressed me the most he made a noticeable impact in the middle. McKernan in is a no brainer he is also too good for VFL

He just seems to be one of those players that will just keep getting better each season as he matures until he gets to be a really good player. He's made significant improvement from last year even though he's no star at this stage of his career. Expect him to be a starter each week next year.

20 games in and i really like what i see when he plays middle.
He has game sense and composure. But he does lack pure focus
I read somewhere that the hawks threw Siciliy into defence to teach him what happens when you don't stay focused for 100% of a game.
We should look at lessons to get him to stay in the game.

Kid could be seriously damaging with his movement in traffic and delivery.

He is the opposite of most players in the sense that he seems to try and do too much when he has the ball in his hands.

Gets himself clear and then ignores the first option to try and do more with the ball which sells himself into trouble too often.

Back