Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

Why the f*** would we trade one of our best players for a token pick? Two of those guys had retired.

FFS.

Depends what your motivation for trading him is.

We traded Steve Johnson to GWS for pick 80 when he was still in our best half dozen players, two years later he kicked six for them in a final.

I don't know if North wants to trade Higgins to assist the rebuild in terms of getting a reasonably valuable pick, or you just want to open more spots in your B22 up for younger players.

Hopefully we have the guts to hold then if no deal suits us.

Once again, not that I'm wrapt with shopping these proven players and genuine role models/leaders.

I'd prefer to keep him for another year, no question.

Given we've had a sudden change of direction (sudden as in what we we're going 12 months ago), maybe we've thought it wise to give the older blokes the option rather than have pissed of senior footballers at the club.

Kind of a reverse "Crazy Vossy". We're throwing out what isn't nailed down, he was bringing it in.

True.

Don't forget Vossy got rid of dead wood in a #8 pick 196cm 20yo Lachie Henderson to invest in the youth of an inebriated 30yo Brendan Fevola.

True.

Don't forget Vossy got rid of dead wood in a #8 pick 196cm 20yo Lachie Henderson to invest in the youth of an inebriated 30yo Brendan Fevola.

It's a shame this isn't happening while Vossy was coaching Brissie. We could've made a killing

It's a shame this isn't happening while Vossy was coaching Brissie. We could've made a killing

We had a habit of handing a failing Brisbane their unexpected win each season for a few years there.

Thank god we didn't get stupid enough to try and play Voss.

We've have ended up sending Cunnington and Goldstein to them for that red haired little prick who ended up at * and given Voss his one trade win.

We traded Steve Johnson to GWS for pick 80 when he was still in our best half dozen players, two years later he kicked six for them in a final.

I don't know if North wants to trade Higgins to assist the rebuild in terms of getting a reasonably valuable pick, or you just want to open more spots in your B22 up for younger players.
I suspect the latter - nobody is giving up anything decent for a player his age. I'm a huge Shaun Higgins fan and if he does end up with you guys, I'll be hoping he can make a big contribution to a premiership down there next year.

As for the people making the decisions at our club at the moment, hopefully they'll be gone soon enough too.

Motivation is to fast track our rebuild. I think a pick 20-30 would be fair, maybe we throw in a 4th rounder.

Our motivation is to get the best possible return for Higgins.

If it's a 3rd rounder or worse I'm happy to keep Higgo and let him walk for nothing next year tbh. Is a model citizen at the club and probably works harder than anyone else. Having LDU and some of the other younger mids shadow him for another pre-season is worth more than a 3rd rounder.

If he wants out, different story and I can't begrudge him, has given us 100 games of high level footy and deserves a flag.

If it's a 3rd rounder or worse I'm happy to keep Higgo and let him walk for nothing next year tbh. Is a model citizen at the club and probably works harder than anyone else. Having LDU and some of the other younger mids shadow him for another pre-season is worth more than a 3rd rounder.

If he wants out, different story and I can't begrudge him, has given us 100 games of high level footy and deserves a flag.

That's where I sit with Higgo - keep him unless he wants out. In the latter case, let him know we are not just giving him away, so we need to get something of reasonable value in return.

It's another in the public arena now, though. Confusing.

That's where I sit with Higgo - keep him unless he wants out. In the latter case, let him know we are not just giving him away, so we need to get something of reasonable value in return.

Can only assume we're doing it to flush out interest. Maybe we historically don't get much in anyone?

I know it's been a bugbear of the club in the past that the phone isn't ringing during trade week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't keep up honestly.

I hear my snippets and it's changed a minute later.

Absolutely not giving him away. We gave him a shot when damaged goods so he should remember that.

You just know, or I am just a disillusioned North supporter, that Higgo will go to Cats, win a flag, FS rules change to include Premiership players not requiring the games to be 100, Higgo fathers 3 gun boys.
Yeah I know, I just don't trust the AFL

Cheer up the good Snake.

You seem very negative at the moment.

Lots of positives in our youth and draft, don't get caught up in manufactured media doom and gloom, not worth it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back