Past #42: Tom Lynch - officially retires from the AFL as a player

Remove this Banner Ad

Never though I’d say this but Based on the output of our half forward line and seriously lack of link up play I’d have no issues if Lynch started the year in the 22.
I'd agree but I don't think his fitness is upto it.

Never though I’d say this but Based on the output of our half forward line and seriously lack of link up play I’d have no issues if Lynch started the year in the 22.
He was one of the best link up players i can remember seeing play.

Put him at FF so our best winger vs Sydney (Nick Larkey) can have someone to kick to.

Rather than applaud this decision, surely we see it has only come about through mismanagement.

Likely to go as well as picking Menadue and Ham. What a waste Charlie Ham was getting a whole 4 months - if he was so bad then our recruitment team needs a kick up the backside.

I'd have thought coming off a spoon there'd be a bit more nuance views rather than "everything we do is gold" but I guess not.

Rather than applaud this decision, surely we see it has only come about through mismanagement.

Likely to go as well as picking Menadue and Ham. What a waste Charlie Ham was getting a whole 4 months - if he was so bad then our recruitment team needs a kick up the backside.

I'd have thought coming off a spoon there'd be a bit more nuance views rather than "everything we do is gold" but I guess not.
Sorry but this is absolute rambling. It's made quite clear he will be used and paid within the cap to coach, so his onfield doesn't matter. That said, menadue and ham not fit to tie his laces, even in his 30s and not playing. I'd have thought coming off a spoon there'd be a bit more nuance views on how to get better, like using an otherwise likely dead spot on the list to improve the existing players on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this just in - footy club without the benefit of foresight makes decision that looks bad in hindsight

Who would have thought a player not fit to be drafted in the main draft wouldn't make it as an afl player
and that a speculative selection with the last available list spot in a draft primarily designed for short term impact wasn't on a list 12 months later - blows the mind really

and that a speculative selection with the last available list spot in a draft primarily designed for short term impact wasn't on a list 12 months later - blows the mind really
We aren't the only club with misses from the mid year draft. Anyway I think lynch is a great addition given the amount of young forwards on the list we need to push along in their development

Lynch, who featured 164 times for St Kilda and Adelaide, is expected to play a handful of games for the club's VFL affiliate during the upcoming season but is unlikely to be used at AFL level unless it is a last-case scenario.

"This signing leaves the door open to Tom playing state level football in the VFL," North Melbourne list manager Brady Rawlings said in a statement on Tuesday.

"He will add depth and experience to our VFL side and will play a key role in developing young forwards in Charlie Comben, Jacob Edwards and Phoenix Spicer among others.

He's genuinely in our most talented 22-25 players but won't play a game this season. It's an odd situation.
we just had mckay and walker out during a game. God forbit larkey and one of xerri, or CCJ goes down.
I could see him playing for a game or 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back