Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

I really see this guy as a small forward playing in the front 6.
I see Simpkin as more of a mid than this guy.
Interesting to see how he fits in - I don’t see him playing Turners role, even if he does replace him in the 22 it’ll be a different forward line if this swap happened.
Scott loooooooves turner though

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hate to dampen all this excitement but Hall and Newman won't make us a top four team. Both are 27 or older and can't get regular games at their own clubs. We need A graders not depth players. We should be concentrating on getting a second first round draftee. I'm seriously worried about our direction. Anyone else?

Hall is exactly what we need. Higgins-lite. The idea is to get the ball forward. We proved we can lock it in when we didn't score first off early in the year. We already have Polec committed.

I am tired of watching games like Essendon and Dogs this year where they get the ball at HB and we couldn't lay a tackle even with touch football rules.

Fingers crossed! Hardwick and Buckley did so hopefully ours does to....

Scotts is evolving (tho into what we dunno yet...)

Seriouslyness tho - Scotts improves every year in terms of his coaching. With any luck next year he'll be rotating players and dropping them for poor form and its on to the next level.

really like this pickup and hope he can recapture his peak form from a couple of years back, but some of the replies here are a bit over the top. he is definitely not a gun. he is borderline best 22. hope he has a great preseason and forces his way into the team.

really like this pickup and hope he can recapture his peak form from a couple of years back, but some of the replies here are a bit over the top. he is definitely not a gun. he is borderline best 22. hope he has a great preseason and forces his way into the team.
Based off last year he wasn't a "gun". But still played better than half our team.
Half his games were mid to high 20s for disposals and a crap tonne of marks for a winger. Issues with the coach and his injury the limiting factor.

2 years prior to that he would be arguably top 3 picked for our best 22.

You've gone the opposite way in an effort to undersell him to counter those overselling him.

Last edited:
For me the lateral thinking from Scotts and co. is the concept we need to inject run and skill on every line.

Buying just Gaff would be redundant as he'd cop first tag and opposition attention. That may happen anyway if all goes well, but at least Polec and Hall can do what they feel.

Also Higgins will probably stop getting assaulted too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been evolving to think otherwise is just a nonsense.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Enlighten us please - after 9 years how has BS 'evolved'? Didn't see a lot of evolving myself in BS through the second half of this year? How is to suggest we hope BS evolves 'a nonsense' view?

For me the lateral thinking from Scotts and co. is the concept we need to inject run and skill on every line.

Buying just Gaff would be redundant as he'd cop first tag and opposition attention. That may happen anyway if all goes well, but at least Polec and Hall can do what they feel.

Also Higgins will probably stop getting assaulted too.
It actually wouldn't surprise me to see Higgo go to a whole new level again next year with Gaff, Polec and Hall in the team. As long as he stays fit I think he'll tear most teams to shreds as their attention is spread over a greater number and variety of players.

Based off last year he wasn't a "gun". But still played better than half our team.
Half his games were mid to high 20s for disposals and a crap tonne of marks for a winger. Issues with the coach and his injury the limiting factor.

2 years prior to that he would be arguably top 3 picked for our best 22.

You've gone the opposite way in an effort to undersell him to counter those overselling him.

Put me down as a proud, card-carrying member of the 'happy to oversell the crap out of him' club.

Like Arthur Cloke I watch a lot of Gold Coast games (one of my 37.5 mates has a son that plays for GC), and I rate Azza II through the Etihad roof. Absolute jet of a footballer. It's a testament to just how f'ed up Gold Coast are that he hasn't played more games. Coming to North will be the proverbial making of him.

Going Hall in on this one. Assuming he makes it over, (barring injury) he will play every game for us next season and finish top 10 in the Syd. Will have every North supporter in the Sunbury area singing his praises.

P.S. I'm also hereby claiming the Hall Hydrofoil. In line with that, I would ask that people now address me as 'Captain TOD'. Thanks in advance.

It actually wouldn't surprise me to see Higgo go to a whole new level again next year with Gaff, Polec and Hall in the team.

tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back