Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

Williams torches the footy just as much as anyone. He’s the best we’ve got in his position, but the Pies have certainly upgraded on him since he left.

Turner would be better. Better defensively and better disposal

Is he really better defensively? I mean, there's more to being a good defensive player than just tackling well. Playing as a lock down small is a completely different skillset than playing as a defensive forward.

Is he really better defensively? I mean, there's more to being a good defensive player than just tackling well. Playing as a lock down small is a completely different skillset than playing as a defensive forward.

I don't think he even plays as a defensive forward tbh, we get cut up by half backs all the time. He just tackles and bumps.

Williams torches the footy just as much as anyone. He’s the best we’ve got in his position, but the Pies have certainly upgraded on him since he left.

When Williams is playing well, which is more often than not, he is a very hard player to beat in a contest. He hates losing contests and doesn't stop competing. It suits our side/setup and the way we play football.

How is it no announcement yet ..

I want to say all our eggs are gonna hatch at once in terms of announcements with Gaff, Hall, Newman and whoever else might be in our sights. Club might be looking to seal all the deals and announce everything at once to dominate trade news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the most obvious one was in the first game against the Swans this year when he changed the forward structure and moved Browny out of the forward line.

People cite the Bulldogs game but the reality is our "game day adjustments" to deal with that situation are happening during trade week.

Still before the game, and he let Allir win the game

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not a chance.

Williams best assets are his low centre of gravity, ability to keep his feet and his timing when in one on one contests.

Turner goes to ground way too often and doesn’t have the core strength/build to compete one on one like Williams does.

Sure he’d give it a crack, but he’d be giving away 10kg to a lot of his opponents. He doesn’t have the skill set to overcome that.

The other thing is Williams can roost the footy 55+m even with a s**t kick he clears the footy from deep in the back pocket. Turner can’t even make the distance from 40m out. If he was playing in defence his clearing kicks out of defensive 50 would be lucky to actually get out of the 50m perimeter.

How is it no announcement yet ..

It was done before he flew down, hence his glorious flight ticket instagram post. Arden St tour was routine, medical the same but he's ok. Don't worry, done and dusted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back