Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

Shows how absolutely fried I am with regards to trade rumours that I immediately tried to work out which Hawthorn player with a music-related surname we were into

**** my life

I have done some research and narrowed it down to the following:

Tom "Joni" Mitchell
Isaac "Patti" Smith
Harry "Jim" Morrison
Jonathan "Jim" O'Rourke
Dylan "Christy" Moore
Jackson "Diana" Ross
Teia "Buddy" Miles
Mitchell "Huey" Lewis

Also haven't ruled out Ben Stratton (aka "The Caster") either.

Hey Ferb, are you on The Goldy or Brissie?

We moved up to Brisbane in April (Mrs H is a QLD'er)

I'm in Northern NSW actually. At the top of the Tweed valley behind Nimbin. But the Goldie is only an hour away. Brissie is less than 120km as the crow flies but there is a mountain range in between. Its basically the same place tho - climate wise. These days people are starting to call this place part of the GC Hinterland.:eek:

If you ever drive down to a town called Kyogle thru Beaudesert and back thru Murwillumbah (or vice versa) you'll drive past our place (sort of). Its in the foothills of the Border Ranges National park, which is worth checking out if you like that sort of thing and they ever fix the road thru there. (Its still screwed after Cyclone Debbie.) If you do stop at the "Wadeville Woolies " for a burger (and a beer if you want one.) That's our local shop, the one my mate used to run till he ran into a truck on his motorbike. His missus and kids are still there struggling a bit.

Brisneyland is okay these days. There is usually plenty to do and its not like it was decades ago when people called it the "Deep North." The coppers don't line up to fine southerners for anything once they drive over the border any more. (During S.o_O they still do if you have NSW plates and get unlucky.) I try to get up there for Suns and Brions games.

Last edited:

Tom "Joni" Mitchell
Isaac "Patti" Smith
Harry "Jim" Morrison
Jonathan "Jim" O'Rourke
Dylan "Christy" Moore
Jackson "Diana" Ross
Teia "Buddy" Miles
Mitchell "Huey" Lewis

You forgot Jarryd Rough "Radio" Head

Sounds like he's been earmarked for a midfield role. Could mean Higgins will see more forward time next season? **** we'd have some tough matchups in the forward 50.

Good luck to any defence with Brown, JZ, Higgins and Simpkin inside forward 50. If we could add a quality small forward to that mix we'd comfortably have the best forward line in the comp IMO.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Dont forget Mason Wood also, now theres no Waite its a big opportunity there for him.

Early Saturday morning gig on SEN Hutchinson hanging sch1tt on Pickering... regarding his client (Hall)
Jokingly said that GC might do a 180 degree turn regarding Hall to NMFC.
Nah,nah it's gonna happen alright.

posting from my mobile.

Tom "Joni" Mitchell
Isaac "Patti" Smith
Harry "Jim" Morrison
Jonathan "Jim" O'Rourke
Dylan "Christy" Moore
Jackson "Diana" Ross
Teia "Buddy" Miles
Mitchell "Huey" Lewis

Don’t rule out Ryan “Blue suede” Shoenmakers

I'm in Northern NSW actually. At the top of the Tweed valley behind Nimbin. But the Goldie is only an hour away. Brissie is less than 120km as the crow flies but there is a mountain range in between. Its basically the same place tho - climate wise. These days people are starting to call this place part of the GC Hinterland.:eek:

If you ever drive down to a town called Kyogle thru Beaudesert and back thru Murwillumbah (or vice versa) you'll drive past our place (sort of). Its in the foothills of the Border Ranges National park, which is worth checking out if you like that sort of thing and they ever fix the road thru there. (Its still screwed after Cyclone Debbie.) If you do stop at the "Wadeville Woolies " for a burger (and a beer if you want one.) That's our local shop, the one my mate used to run till he ran into a truck on his motorbike. His missus and kids are still there struggling a bit.

Brisneyland is okay these days. There is usually plenty to do and its not like it was decades ago when people called it the "Deep North." The coppers don't line up to fine southerners for anything once they drive over the border any more. (During S.o_O they still do if you have NSW plates and get unlucky.) I try to get up there for Suns and Brions games.
You’re living in a beautiful part of the world Ferbs. My wife lived for a while at Tomewin, sounds like you’re not to far away.
It’s lovely and almost always green there.
I’ve got the best of both worlds. Live close to Brisbane city, Dads at Noosa and mrs folks at Elanora backing onto Telabudgera creek. Plenty of weekends away for us!

You’re living in a beautiful part of the world Ferbs. My wife lived for a while at Tomewin, sounds like you’re not to far away.
It’s lovely and almost always green there.
I’ve got the best of both worlds. Live close to Brisbane city, Dads at Noosa and mrs folks at Elanora backing onto Telabudgera creek. Plenty of weekends away for us!

Tomewin is awesome. I often go up the coast that way. My mate lived at Tomewin before he moved out here too. On an avo farm. I used to be able to drive to the road over Tomewin and spend less than 4 km on sealed roads if I picked the right route - took hours tho.

We're on the western side of that caldera. Its an amazing place. There is a creek that runs thru here if you follow it for half a km onto the farm next door there is a little water hole with organ pipe basalt like the Giants Causeway, Mt Wellington in Hobart or the National Park opposite Calder raceway. Its a great spot. And its only a bit over 2 hours to Triffid or the Tivoli or the Gabba.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom "Joni" Mitchell
Isaac "Patti" Smith
Harry "Jim" Morrison
Jonathan "Jim" O'Rourke
Dylan "Christy" Moore
Jackson "Diana" Ross
Teia "Buddy" Miles
Mitchell "Huey" Lewis

Liam Shiels...

Does it really work? Asking for a friend.

I honestly don't know but I would guess it does as it is supposed to replace saliva. I heard of one guy who was tested before he could swig any, was positive then managed to get some into him before a second test at a bus and it was negative. And a few others who reckon it works as they have used it and been swabbed. I've heard the same about Coca-Sydney as well.

FWIW The goss around here is that aniseed myrtle and white Fisherman's Friends do the trick but I think the coppers are onto them now. Heard that from a mate whose missus smokes (he doesn't) and has been tested repeatedly and never been positive*. Honestly I couldn't say. I've never tested them out. Wouldn't even mention it except that people have been getting busted days and in a couple of cases weeks after having a choof, its not a test of driving impairment, its used to harass pot smokers, as you can get a positive off about 5 or 10 ppm.

Not to mention that the tests regularly fail or give false positives and the company that produces them is allegedly owned by a bunch of ex Vic coppers who sell us taxpayers a million bucks worth of tests a year.

#Itsabitofascam

EDIT - * Mates missus uses white Fisherman's Friends. I don't know if the other colours work. #Notreallyracism

Gaff pussying our might just be the best thing for Hall

I have to admit. The thought had occurred to me that without injuries one of the 3 was probably surplus. Gaff clearly has better form than either Polec or Hall but it does create a bigger opportunity for Hall.

I have to admit. The thought had occurred to me that without injuries one of the 3 was probably surplus. Gaff clearly has better form than either Polec or Hall but it does create a bigger opportunity for Hall.

I hope North can get the best out of Hall because I think his best football is great. IMO Hall is the perfect fit for our list.

Last edited:
I hope North can get the best out of Hall because I think he’s best football is great. IMO Hall is the perfect fit for our list.

Agree with that. He suits us to a tee so with any luck he'll be an absolute bargain with us missing Gaff and we can use that money elsewhere.

"Don't Bring Me Down" Preuss. (Covers that are better than the original!)

Well played.

Anyway, I have just read numchuk's mail in the D&T thread and it appears it's a case of mystery solved.

Come on down....Cyril "Rock And" Rioli.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back