Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

Hall is better on the inside. Polec one wing is a surety now, I think there is no obvious 2nd wing although Dumont kinda Steelebottomed this year so he may be the early favorite.
Yeah I agree, I think we're going to see Hall play on ball for the most part with Dumont continuing on the wing.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Doubt there is one, both clubs may just be sorting other things first. Doesn't really matter when it's lodged.

Yeah, get the big picture in place then sort out the minor details.

Yeah, get the big picture in place then sort out the minor details.
Both clubs know it'll take 5 mins to discuss and a late pick will be handed over, get the big stuff out of the way and do this one over a sanga later in the week.

How is it other clubs get it done and North well bugger me ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hall is better on the inside. Polec one wing is a surety now, I think there is no obvious 2nd wing although Dumont kinda Steelebottomed this year so he may be the early favorite.

McDonald on the other wing with Pittard (ranked elite for rebound 50s) taking HBF. Frog is handy around the goals, id prefer him a rotating forward/ mid.

Could easily be a delisted free agent or a 2019 pick. Don't think we can afford to send out anymore 2018 picks.

We can send out our later picks if needed but GC wouldn't use them anyway. I think DFA will happen.

Roos could get Hall for nothing

– Jon Ralph

NORTH Melbourne could secure pacy midfielder Aaron Hall for next to nothing, with Gold Coast already holding five picks within the first 29 national draft selections.

The Roos today secured Melbourne’s Dom Tyson on a three-year deal, swapping him for aggressive ruckman Brayden Preuss.

But Gold Coast is unlikely to use picks past those first five selections – 2, 3, 19, 24, 29 – which are likely to include pick five when that is eventually traded for Steven May.

It means the Roos seem likely to trade one of their final picks in this year’s draft for Hall, who played only six games this year because of injury and form.

The 27-year-old with 103 games under his belt has explosive speed but is seen as only a one-way runner, with Brad Scott confident he can hone his strengths and improve on his weaknesses.

aaron-hall.jpg

The Roos have later picks including 56, 68 and 86 are are keen to retain as many picks as possible to use for points to draft next generation academy player Tarryn Thomas.

North Melbourne believes it has significantly bolstered its midfield with Tyson and Jared Polec, with last year's top five pick Luke Davies Uniacke likely to play a more prominent role.

With Preuss gone they are yet to consider whether their ruck backup comes from within or they draft a player like ex-Fremantle ruck Zac Clarke as the understudy for Todd Goldstein.

McDonald on the other wing with Pittard (ranked elite for rebound 50s) taking HBF. Frog is handy around the goals, id prefer him a rotating forward/ mid.
With all the new players coming blokes like McDonald and McMillian should start in the VFL and stay there until there ready

Pickers just reiterated that "Aaron Hall WILL get to North Melbourne. Both teams have committed to it. Unfortunately, and frustratingly, it's being held up by the May trade. Noone will be moving until Monday but I envisage there could be a queue at AFL House on Monday as clubs get their weekend's work done officially. I also imagine once things are freed up there will be plenty of action right up to Wednesday's deadline."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back