Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

He is currently 100% rife for a Geelong raid for pick 29 at the moment, and I am mildly concerned that the football department would go for it.

The old "North is still 20 years away, so don't be heartless pricks and stand in the way of his finals dream" spiel.

Being OOC we might not have much of a say in it if a club comes offering 3 years on good money. Half back has traditionally been one of those positions to blood players, perhaps not so much anymore. But the way Hall is playing he's reducing pressure on the back 6 with his run and carry while bringing players into the game which is exactly what we want for a younger team. Id be happy offering a 2 year deal.

Not sure at Gold Toast. It may just be a coincidence, but he isn't getting any younger so he needs to play well every game to be considered again. Ironically he is possibly at his fittest while a large amount of the list are out for 2 to 3 weeks or tbc.
Being able to breathe (after that procedure over summer) seems to suit him.

I'm so sorry boys, but he's now in my Supercoach team so I expect an immediate drop in form, as well as copping a tag until he's traded out :(

Being OOC we might not have much of a say in it if a club comes offering 3 years on good money. Half back has traditionally been one of those positions to blood players, perhaps not so much anymore. But the way Hall is playing he's reducing pressure on the back 6 with his run and carry while bringing players into the game which is exactly what we want for a younger team. Id be happy offering a 2 year deal.
Completely agree with a 2 year contract and he deserves it. North seems to have a habit of looking gift horses in the mouth or alternatively throwing up ridiculous multi-year deals to players off of a few flashy games (hello Mason).

Azza has clearly worked hard to be where he's at and provides us something we don't have. He's also a senior player that most of our younger players can look to and see traits in that they should look to replicate. Yes he has some clangers from time to time but please name me one North player that doesn't currently throw up multiple clangers a game right now.

Completely agree with a 2 year contract and he deserves it. North seems to have a habit of looking gift horses in the mouth or alternatively throwing up ridiculous multi-year deals to players off of a few flashy games (hello Mason).

Azza has clearly worked hard to be where he's at and provides us something we don't have. He's also a senior player that most of our younger players can look to and see traits in that they should look to replicate. Yes he has some clangers from time to time but please name me one North player that doesn't currently throw up multiple clangers a game right now.

Everyone has clangers, particularly play makers - i certainly have no issue with his disposal. Maybe i haven't paid enough attention to kick ins, but noticed he took a few this week. He's one that can run 10-15 and launch it to the wing or potential get that out the back play down the middle.

We've inflated the prices of a few guys over the years. Mason i think was a bit of our medicine tbh. He'd played well and clubs came a sniffing. But yes a couple of years seems the sweet spot and who knows maybe another after that. I dont see him slowing down bar injury.

Really happy to see how well The Other Azza has been going this year. He made it through a patch of tough mental health stuff, and on top of that, he couldn't breathe. Can you imagine trying to play AFL and not being able to breathe? Holy cow. Credit to him, he's navigated through a lot. I mean, someone should give him a hovercraft or something.

But yeah, super glad to see him back to health and playing some great footy for us. :thumbsu:

Really happy to see how well The Other Azza has been going this year. He made it through a patch of tough mental health stuff, and on top of that, he couldn't breathe. Can you imagine trying to play AFL and not being able to breathe? Holy cow. Credit to him, he's navigated through a lot. I mean, someone should give him a hovercraft or something.

But yeah, super glad to see him back to health and playing some great footy for us. :thumbsu:

A hovercraft? Agree with everything SOPs but the hovercraft cracked me up.

Be so sweet to have a hovercraft

One player who has absolutely flourished with the absence of guys like Tarrant, Corr and McDonald. Once that lot is back I think it might release Young to play a more permanent wing role like we've been seeing from him over the last week or so.

Still really glad we picked up Az, lovely footballer and lovelier bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The coaches' votes are in for round eight of the 2021 AFL Toyota Premiership Season

North Melbourne v Collingwood
10 Jordan De Goey (COLL)
8 Darcy Moore (COLL)
3 Brayden Maynard (COLL)
3 Aaron Hall (NMFC)
2 Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
2 Jack Crisp (COLL)
1 Ben McKay (NMFC)
1 Jack Ziebell (NMFC)

The coaches' votes are in for round eight of the 2021 AFL Toyota Premiership Season

North Melbourne v Collingwood
10 Jordan De Goey (COLL)
8 Darcy Moore (COLL)
3 Brayden Maynard (COLL)
3 Aaron Hall (NMFC)
2 Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
2 Jack Crisp (COLL)
1 Ben McKay (NMFC)
1 Jack Ziebell (NMFC)

Interesting that there was such divergence after the top 2 players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back