Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos' raging bull provides the impetus
He might not be the biggest, nor the fastest, but there's something that makes Cameron Zurhaar a constant menace in the North Melbourne forward line. Zurhaar's physicality is his most noticeable attribute, but his smarts, nous and craft around goal is perhaps his best and most underrated quality. He can play as the second marking target behind Ben Brown in the Kangaroos forward line thanks to his efforts to find space and work his way to dangerous parts of the field and he profited from that innate ability on Sunday. Always the game's most dangerous attacking outlet, the former rookie finished with 11 disposals, two marks and three goals.

Roos' raging bull provides the impetus
He might not be the biggest, nor the fastest, but there's something that makes Cameron Zurhaar a constant menace in the North Melbourne forward line. Zurhaar's physicality is his most noticeable attribute, but his smarts, nous and craft around goal is perhaps his best and most underrated quality. He can play as the second marking target behind Ben Brown in the Kangaroos forward line thanks to his efforts to find space and work his way to dangerous parts of the field and he profited from that innate ability on Sunday. Always the game's most dangerous attacking outlet, the former rookie finished with 11 disposals, two marks and three goals.
Add the fact that he basically hunts for contact when it presents itself and this is the perfect summation of The Z.

How's this bloke works hard over pre season but barely breaks out of a canter in the pre season games. Hit's the season true like it said something nasty about him and smashes into blokes same as he finished out the year. Nice.

I wonder if the break has assisted with the back niggle he was carrying during the marsh / preseason games.
Thats a bold statement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he goes home tonight, invites 20 mates around, turns the music up full bore, and annoys the living s**t out of the old bitch next door.

“I’ve had one or two players in my time that have made (my hair) a little bit grey and I think Zurhaar will get me at some stage,” Rawlings told SEN Breakfast.

“He’s good for it. If you’re going to put yourself out there as a player, you’ve got to back it up and I’m pretty sure he wants to do some things to agitate me with boots and hair styles and general comments, but he’s very likable.

“He’s a popular teammate and I think our supporters like the way he plays.

“He’s got a fair bit of improvement left in him. His game is in reasonable shape, but I feel there’s a fair bit we can do with him as a forward that’s going to make him a bit harder to play on as well.”

Zurhaar has built a reputation as one of the game’s toughest tacklers, but has shown an ability to kick bags of goals when he gets off the hook.

We all know he's hard, but his skills tend to be a little overlooked.

He's very dependable with ball in hand and his decision making under pressure is excellent. A smart footballer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back